UKC

Font questions.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Enty 14 Jul 2014
Following on from this thread which has been archived:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=588912&v=1#x7788969
(great info everyone by the way)

We're off on Monday for 4 days - where's the best place to hang out with Little Ent - looking for a campsite with other climbers. Is there any places where you can camp in the van?

Cheers,

E
 haworthjim 14 Jul 2014
In reply to Enty:
There is a Aire de camping car on the roundabout just outside Milly and we've always camped at http://www.les-courtilles-du-lido.fr as a family. Hope that helps
 LP 14 Jul 2014
In reply to Enty:

We are off there on Sunday and always stay at Musadiere - it's sociable, none too busy and there's a bread van that delivers the best croissants every morning.

http://www.eurocampings.co.uk/france/ile-de-france/essonne/milly-la-foret/c...

The little LPees are 7+8 years old and can safely roam free - it becomes a little bit Lord of the flies when all the kids find the friend group.

We have also camped out in the forest in the van at different carparks when on a short stay and the aire looks fine also.

Have a good trip - maybe see you on the rock!
 balmybaldwin 15 Jul 2014
In reply to Enty:
camping les prez in Grez-sur-loing is very good, cheaper than musardiere and closer to baker,village ameneties + canoeing + campsite pool on door step for days off.

it is more south though, 30 mins drive to trois pinions carpark, 15 elephant, 15 diplodicus, but good if you want to avoid the crowds or easy access to a6(and/n6) if you want to get up to crags near barbizon etc.

p.s. the coissants are also better with sort of feathered crispy ends 😃
Post edited at 01:32
OP Enty 15 Jul 2014
In reply to Enty:
Thanks for the answers. Got a bit of a dilema here now.

Would be great to have kids for Little Ent to hang out with but the pool at the other site could swing it for her.

E

edit - just looked - Milly looks ace.

Post edited at 10:19
OP Enty 19 Jul 2014
In reply to LP:

I'll be there Monday afternoon with Little Ent. I've booked one of those small mobile homes for 4 days.
Come for a beer - I'll have a blue Fiat Doblo with UK plates.

E
 LP 15 Aug 2014
In reply to Enty:

Sorry I missed you, I didn't check for any replies before I left! I hope you had a good trip and found the right site!
OP Enty 15 Aug 2014
In reply to LP:

Yes. It was perfect. Thanks for the advice.

E
 LP 27 Aug 2014
In reply to Enty:

Nice trip report- turns out we did have a beer after all! At a loom band party no less! Hope you are well- we have had a look at your gite now we are making our summer plans for next year Pissobly see you again next year.
 jon 27 Aug 2014
In reply to LP:

> Pissobly see you again next year.

How many beers was that?

LP 30 Aug 2014
Ah yes, 'twas a raucous evening.
 Carolyn 30 Aug 2014
In reply to LP:
Ha-ha! Seems we were there too..... Now know who Enty is, but struggling to place LP.
I'm the one the kids hijacked to make starburst loombands for most of the evening!
Post edited at 10:35
OP Enty 30 Aug 2014
In reply to Carolyn:

Hello!

E
 Carolyn 30 Aug 2014
In reply to Enty:

Hello! Most of those white problems in your blog are very familiar - the chimney at Merciers seemed to be defeating most of a group of adults on our last day, so A was very pleased to breeze up it!
 LP 31 Aug 2014
In reply to Carolyn:

Hello! I'm the one who slunk into the shadows when the looms came out! We were camped by the giant landrover/ambulance/campervan and we were hammock neighbours at Merciers ...
 LP 31 Aug 2014
In reply to Enty:

I guess I am one of the forgettable ones.
OP Enty 31 Aug 2014
In reply to LP:

Why's that?
when are you back there? I might get up there in October, hopefully a little cooler.

E
 Carolyn 31 Aug 2014
In reply to LP:

Ah, I did wonder, but couldn't remember the kids ages! The Lord of the Flies comment was a bit of a give away......

How did your trip further south go?
 LP 04 Sep 2014
In reply to Carolyn:

We got to Ailefroide for a stint then made our way back to Birmingham via Wales. It's been a good summer but real life has now crept back in and the countdown to summer begins again. How was the rest of your trip?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...