UKC

Car Hire in Starigrad Paklenica - Croatia

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Just wondering if anyone knows if you can hire cars in Starigrad Paklenica or if you need to hire from Zadar airport before getting there? Also, do you really need a car if staying in Starigrad if we just want to get to the climbs in Paklenica? I am worried it will be a bit far to walk in the heat!
Thanks,
Lyndsay
 Owen W-G 15 Jul 2014
In reply to Lyndsay Superclimber:

No car required. 90min bus ride from Starigrad dumps you right outside the Nat Pk entrance/by the campsite/shops/restaurants.

The road into the park, from the main road, is about 4miles uphill. We hitched up and down every day with ease.
 jezb1 15 Jul 2014
In reply to Owen W-G:

> No car required. 90min bus ride from Starigrad dumps you right outside the Nat Pk entrance/by the campsite/shops/restaurants.

> The road into the park, from the main road, is about 4miles uphill. We hitched up and down every day with ease.

This ^

We did hire a car cos we wanted to travel around a bit and for convenience but I don't think you can in Starigrad - not 100% sure though.

We got ours at the airport about £100 for the week I think.

Bobbsy 15 Jul 2014

Its walkable from stari-grad, but it is quite a long slog in the heat, particularly if you are going further up the valley to the multipitch stuff. However, the roadside parking on the way in did fill up pretty quick as well...

Rental cars weren't too expensive at Zadar airport, and there were some pretty amazing places a short drive away to visit. One awesome river with waterfalls to swim in etc about 1/2 hour drive from starigrad...can't remember the name though!
iepsje 16 Jul 2014
In reply to Owen W-G:

agree, from stari grad to paklenica is quiet a walk, but hitch hiking was never a problem from the road to paklenica. If a car is not expensive it can be nice (saves time hitching) and gives you more opportunities for shopping food.

Thanks everyone - going to book a car now!
Lyndsay

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...