UKC

Lake district climbing suggestions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dream 15 Jul 2014
Hi guys,

I'm looking for suggestions on some good routes / crags to climb in the Lakes.

I'm looking for something with a short walk in due to health reasons and around MS / S in grade. A multi-pitch around this grade would be ideal.

Many thanks

Daniel Rushforth
 tmawer 16 Jul 2014
In reply to Dream:

Consider Sadgill Wall or Truss Buttress as slightly off the track options.
 Tom the tall 16 Jul 2014
In reply to Dream:
Is troutdale pinnacle still severe? If so it's a classic and meets your criteria.
 Simon2005 16 Jul 2014
In reply to Dream:

I've just looked at your profile so bearing that in mind; Good roadside crags are few in the Lakes. Shepherds in Borrowdale is very close to the road but not the parking. The choice increases greatly if you can manage 15-20 minutes. Consider Wallowbarrow in the Duddon, there are a number of choices; Thomas is an excellent multi-pitch climb at Severe. Raven Crag, Langdale offers plenty to go out, look at Original Route and Holly Tree Traverse. Castle Rock of Triermain South Crag offers quality climbing at V.Diff and Severe.
 Carolyn 16 Jul 2014
In reply to Simon2005:

The parking around Shepherds might be OK if you can get there early morning or evening; otherwise, maybe your climbing partner can drop you off for coffee and cake at the cafe whilst they find a parking spot and walk back
Little Chamonix is an airy multipitch V Diff outing...
 goose299 16 Jul 2014
In reply to Tom the tall:

Yeh, it's still severe. Super good route
 Rog Wilko 17 Jul 2014
In reply to Dream:

Raven crag Langdale could be for you - Holly Tree Traverse is a hardish V Diff and Original Route a nice severe, especially if you start at the pinnacle and just do pitches 3 & 4. Walk-in about 10 min. Another idea would be Gouther Crag at Swindale (15 min walk-in) where Truss Buttress makes a good warm up and Kennel Wall is a bit harder.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...