UKC

Anyone want to join us on Hadrians Cycleway / C2C?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ThunderCat 16 Jul 2014

This is a massive long-shot but I thought I'd put it out there.

We are doing a 'charidee' bike ride along the Hadrians Cycleway (Ravenglass up to Silloth and then across to South Shields) and one of the riders has had to pull out at the last minute. I wondered whether anyone is interested and is available to take his place?

We're by no means top class cyclists - the ride is about 176 miles end to end but we're doing it over three days. This is probably laughable to you hard core people in the cycling forum (you'd probably breeze this in a day) but I'm guessing this is visible from the general forum view there may be an 'occasional' cyclist up for a challenge

We're based in Manchester and there are three of us left on the team. All easy going, affable lads

Schedule is:
Friday 22nd August
Bikes are being picked up from Salford Quays or thereabouts and taken up to Ravenglass. The van belongs to a friend, so we only need to chip in for the petrol to get the bikes up there. There's only enough room for one of the riders to get up there, so the rest of us are getting the train from Manchester Piccadilly to Ravenglass during the day. Ticket is already paid for, so that's free!

Camping in Ravenglass overnight. Pitch is already paid for as well.

Saturday 23rd
1st leg, Ravenglass to Port Carlisle, about 75 miles. Got rooms booked in a B&B. £10 deposit is already paid, so there's the remaining £20 still to pay. I've stayed there before (Hope and Anchor). It's quite nice, clean, food and beer is good as well.

Sunday 24th
2nd leg, Port Carlisle to Bardon Mill...about 50 miles. Got a place in the YHA booked. £17.50 to pay.

Monday 25th
3rd leg, Bardon Mill to South Shields...also about 50 miles. Then another couple of miles to my mams house in Sunderland for a feed courtesy of me mam, maybe grab a few beers in the local to celebrate, and then another friend in another van is coming to take us back to Manchester (this one is big enough to fit the bikes and the all 4 riders in). Paid for, but need to chip in again for the petrol.

Complete long shot, it just seems a shame to waste those deposits. It's a nice ride in a nice part of the country. Please PM me if you need some more details

TC
Post edited at 20:32
OP ThunderCat 18 Jul 2014
In reply to ThunderCat:

Meh, thought I'd try and bump this. Had no joy getting the space filled so I want to cancel the rooms as soon as possible so the owners don't lose out.

Kimono 20 Jul 2014
In reply to ThunderCat:

Schedule sounds good and at that pace you may actually see something more interesting than the wheel in front of you!

Am currently cruising up through the Outer Hebrides at a similar pace.

Good luck!
OP ThunderCat 20 Jul 2014
In reply to Kimono:

> Schedule sounds good and at that pace you may actually see something more interesting than the wheel in front of you!

> Am currently cruising up through the Outer Hebrides at a similar pace.

> Good luck!

Cheers! We think we could have done it over 2 days at a push, but that would have meant head down and a gruelling slog with little time (or strength)to take in the surroundings!

Hope you're having a good time yourself - keep safe.

TC

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...