UKC

Oil Stains on Pavement

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FesteringSore 17 Jul 2014
Anyone know if it's an offence to allow a car to leak oil on to a road or pavement(where vehicle is parked) and not clean it up. A neighbour is doing just that and it's getting worse. Apart from being unsightly I would have thought it could be dangerous and an environmental hazard.
 Mr Lopez 17 Jul 2014
In reply to FesteringSore:

Grab a catalogue of your favourite products, get a bycicle, lay it down next to the oil spill, lie down next to it, start screaming in pain, complain about the neck pain, spend a day in hospital perusing the catalogue and deciding what you'll buy with money the car owner will pay you in compensation.

2 birds 1 stone and all that...
OP FesteringSore 17 Jul 2014
In reply to Mr Lopez:

My question was serious. I am concerned about the environmental aspect and the possible danger to pedestrians, not to mention the unsightliness.
 Mark1800 17 Jul 2014

If he ever moves his car you can ring the council to report the oil spill. They'll pop out sharpish to clean it up - before a legit version of the previous reply can happen
 Timmd 17 Jul 2014

Ring the council anyway?
Removed User 17 Jul 2014

Ringing the council to report it sounds like the correct course of action. However, if they do nothing or give you the bums rush then you might have to resort to sorting something out yourself. In which case if it was me I'd probably quietly creep up behind him and let him have the Tazer right in the neck (just behind the ear, on the soft part of the neck). I'm not normally prone to violent actions, but in this case I would consider it acceptable.
RFS
 marsbar 18 Jul 2014

If that is all you have to worry about then you are lucky.
 Yanis Nayu 18 Jul 2014
In reply to marsbar:

> If that is all you have to worry about then you are lucky.

My thoughts exactly.
 jkarran 18 Jul 2014

> Anyone know if it's an offence to allow a car to leak oil on to a road or pavement(where vehicle is parked) and not clean it up. A neighbour is doing just that and it's getting worse. Apart from being unsightly I would have thought it could be dangerous and an environmental hazard.

If it's bothering you why don't you speak to him about it? It doesn't seem like a very difficult problem to solve and certainly not one where the first course of action would be calling the police to report a crime!

jk
Post edited at 09:03
 Offwidth 18 Jul 2014
In reply to jkarran:

Have you ever tried such a thing. I wouldnt recommend it for sure as the sort of person doing this isn't likley to respond well to being told its wrong.
 FreshSlate 18 Jul 2014
In reply to Offwidth:

Can't tell if serious?
 jnymitch 19 Jul 2014

yes it is an environmental hazard, most street drains lead to rivers, oil and its contents are harmful to the aquatic environment, the environment agency run a yellow fish campaign, polity tell the bloke that his actions are not in the interests of good fishing and clean rivers. ( don't be surprised if a rude disconcerted reply is given). get the template and spray on the road to the adjacent drain to the spill.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...