UKC

The climbers in blue with the yellow rope on Talisman today

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Tim Chappell 17 Jul 2014

may be interested to know that I got some shots of you. Quite a lot of shots actually--I drained my battery snapping you guys--I was practising zoom

I haven't looked at them properly yet. They may be pants. There again they may be great. You never can tell with me and Oscar. (Oscar is my brand new fancy camera.) In any case you're welcome to copies if you pm me.

What a great ride/ walk, incidentally. I went up to the Hutchie on Magog. (Magog is my mountain bike. A Giant, obviously.) I walked up to the top of Ben Macdui. It was actually a snow-patch hunt: I wanted to recce if there was going to be any worthwhile August skiing. (There might be, in Garbh Coire Mor.) I also wanted to take heaps of photos on Oscar. But the climbers on Talisman stopped that so I had to snap away with my useless little mobile-phone camera.

Highlight of the day: within 50 yards I saw (a) a ptarmigan kindergarten--about 30 chicks and one adult. They've figured out the safety-in-numbers thing, same as Churchill's Atlantic convoys... never seen that before. And (b) three reindeer. In the snow. Brilliant--Christmas on July 17

PS Talisman is a guess. I don't have a topo here. Could have been Scabbard or Scimitar. It was that part of the crag, anyway.
Post edited at 20:59
Tim Chappell 19 Jul 2014
In reply to Tim Chappell:

PS The photos are OK, some of them. But I don't need them all myself, so I am likely to delete most of them unless there's a call for them...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...