UKC

DWS in the Verdon/ Calanques

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pina 18 Jul 2014
Anyone have any previous experiences of DWS in the south of France? Any good places to go? Any recommendations? Got a few days in Provence and looking for some things to do which won't be too hot....
 David Coley 18 Jul 2014
In reply to J_Trottet:

Head to en Vue and have a play around
 1poundSOCKS 18 Jul 2014
In reply to J_Trottet:

Done some at the Pont d'Arc in the Ardeche (good fun, but it's just a big limestone arch over the river, and people tend to paddle under you), and in the Verdon Gorge, just up river of the bridge at the foot of the gorge (again good fun, but not really proper routes, and again it can get busy with boats).
 Goucho 18 Jul 2014
In reply to J_Trottet:

Good DWS at Cap d' Antibes if you're not looking for f7c+ stuff.
 TimhNorthBASE 18 Jul 2014
In reply to J_Trottet:
Quite a few routes in the ardeche to play around on
youtube.com/watch?v=qqqkirpB0-Y&
OP Pina 19 Jul 2014
In reply to J_Trottet:

Good stuff, some good places there. Thanks for the help guys.
 Reach>Talent 19 Jul 2014
In reply to J_Trottet:

There is some interesting stuff in the Verdon, we hired a kayak and paddled up from the lake. The lake surface temp was in the 20s but in the gorge it was absolutely freezing and this was in June. I really wouldn't have wanted to be in the water for long! I think there is a dws festival there at some point and can only guess they either don't fall off much or are absolutely hard as nails. I think there are some videos on YouTube of some of the climbs, the ones I looked at were all obvious lines that you couldn't really miss and not far up the gorge.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...