UKC

Camcorder recommendations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Adam Lincoln 20 Jul 2014
So, am after a small camcorder to take on longish routes, both winter and summer trad. Also something that will stand up to the Alps and such like.

It needs to be,

Light
Small
Good battery
Good quality
Able to be used in the cold

Assume memory card is the best for this type of thing nowadays rather than hard drive?

Hit me up people.
 Fraser 20 Jul 2014
In reply to Adam Lincoln:

If you're taking a wee video-camera on a MP route would you also be taking a stills one? If not, and if I were you, I'd take a decent compact with HD video capability with a spare battery & card (or two?) and use that. Something with a decent zoom would do the job fine I'm sure, but it depends on what your plans are for editing and viewing any footage you did take.
OP Adam Lincoln 21 Jul 2014
In reply to Fraser:

Cheers for that, id quite like both though. Give me the option of leaving one.
 Indy 21 Jul 2014
In reply to Adam Lincoln:

> So, am after a small camcorder

> Hit me up people.

The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera will blow you away in terms of quality and the body will slip into your breast pocket as its not much bigger than an iPhone. 14? stops of dynamic range, Cinema DNG Raw and ProResHQ codec's with an S16 sensor. Whats not to like?

Heres some YouTube footage which you should watch at 720pHD

youtube.com/watch?v=_oaRbToQpaQ&

and

youtube.com/watch?v=pnNn0059ltI&

OP Adam Lincoln 21 Jul 2014
In reply to Indy:

> The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera will blow you away in terms of quality and the body will slip into your breast pocket as its not much bigger than an iPhone. 14? stops of dynamic range, Cinema DNG Raw and ProResHQ codec's with an S16 sensor. Whats not to like?

> Heres some YouTube footage which you should watch at 720pHD

> and

Thats what i am talking about!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...