UKC

question for electricians

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 buzby 21 Jul 2014
shortly im going to be doing some renovation work which will involve demolishing and rebuilding an internal wall. its non load bearing and has no bricks simply wood and plasterboard.
im going to get an electrician to move the electrics but just wondered when he comes to do the work obviously some cables will create slack when I move it a foot but other will be short,both lights and sockets.
will he be able top create a connection above the ceiling and lengthen the cable or will it have to be renewed all the way back to the next proper connection i.e. socket or light fitting/switch.
depending on the answer it will impact on how much work I can do in the mean time. thanks.
 Hairy Pete 21 Jul 2014
In reply to buzby:
> I move it a foot but other will be short,both lights and sockets.
> will he be able top create a connection above the ceiling and lengthen the cable or will it have to be renewed all the way back to the next proper connection i.e. socket or light fitting/switch.

Yes. Any competent 'tricky will be able to extend the wires. But, he/she will almost certainly make the join at a convenient cavity, i.e. either in the roof space, or under the floorboards - not mid-wall, unless it's a cavity wall or he's a complete bodger.
OP buzby 22 Jul 2014
In reply to Hairy Pete:

cheers mate, good to know.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...