Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - DMM Raptors vs flys

lizard-16-07 - on 22 Jul 2014
As per the title I'm currently debating between getting some dmm raptors or flys. I'd mainly be using them for winter walking/mountaineering days out (think CMD, lower grade winter stuff) and alpine stuff (again, lower grade, up to AD), but potentially getting up harder stuff in time. At the moment I'm thinking that the majority of stuff I do over winter in the uk is walking, so a pair of raptors might be better with the odd more technical day when I'd use both thrown in, then if I do start more difficult stuff, I can swap to fly picks. So I'm basically wanting to know if anybody has used the raptors with the fly picks, and how do they perform on more technical stuff? Conversely, how useful are flys on less technical ground I.e. a day's winter walking, plunging, ice axe arrests etc. I know it's difficult to get do it all axes but that's what I have the budget for at the moment, so from what I've read my head is telling me raptor, unless anyone can suggest otherwise. Or even...one raptor one fly?? Thanks
... not showing 10 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums