UKC

anything worth seeing between Munich and Braunau am Inn?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 foxjerk 23 Jul 2014
I'm driving from Munich Airport to Braunau am Inn for a wedding and am in no rush to get there (happy to take 4-6 hours instead of the 1.5 it should take by car). Can anyone suggest something free that is worth stopping or taking a small detour for please?

no museums please (usually take too long), but i'm into views, lakes, prehistoric sites and generally interesting stuff. any bouldering?

Cheers
 jimtitt 23 Jul 2014
In reply to foxjerk:

About the only interesting thing along that route is ME! My workshop is sort-of halfway and and my stainless steel dealer even nearer. The whole area is pretty much of a muchness, for sure isn´t any bouldering as its rolling hills all the way but you can see the Alps at least.
You could go up to Landshut I guess which is maybe a bit more interesting as a large town thing, otherwise just kill the few hours in a pub somewhere!
OP foxjerk 23 Jul 2014
In reply to jimtitt:

Cool, thanks for the info. Maybe I'll just motor on to the wedding!
andyathome 23 Jul 2014
In reply to foxjerk:

Jim Titt says 'About the only interesting thing along that route is ME!'

And you reply 'Cool, thanks for the info. Maybe I'll just motor on to the wedding!'

Your social skills need a bit of work
OP foxjerk 23 Jul 2014
In reply to andyathome:
Sorry, should have said "hey total stranger, let's meet up for a brief interlude on my journey and maybe you could come with me to the wedding"!! I took the irony from the reply that on this particular route in Germany there is not much to see part from the alps that met my suggested criteria for activities etc.

If you read this jim titt, and my brother is up for it, fancy hooking up on Friday 1st august around 1pm? I'll be wearing tartan lederhosen and a tulip in my left lapel
OP foxjerk 23 Jul 2014
In reply to foxjerk:
Out of interest and a need to improve my social skills, what do you do Jim titt and are you related to Scott titt of BMC presidency fame?
Removed User 23 Jul 2014
In reply to foxjerk:

Not quite en route but not so far out: Regensburg and Passau. Both stunning places worth a visit and a wander. You can walk round Passau in a few hours.
 jimtitt 24 Jul 2014
In reply to foxjerk:

I´m Scott´s brother and I own Bolt Products who make all those bolts you love to clip! http://www.bolt-products.com
The region around the airport is naturally completely flat and then all the way into Austria the countryside is rolling hills made from dirt blown/washed out from the Alps (they are about an hour away) so bucolic farming and nothing really interesting. You could visit Marktl, the birthplace of Pope Benedict XVI I suppose! As suggested Regensburg is worth visiting BUT Friday midday is not the time to launch yourself onto the A9 going north, it is a permenat traffic jam anyway and you are hitting the start of the Bavarian school holidays, take the A92 to Deggendorf and visit Passau instead.
On the 1st I´ll be scurrying to pack for my summer holidays so no time for jollies anyway

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...