UKC

MS Word 2007 - Page numbering

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Alan M 23 Jul 2014
Sorry for the what seems like a simple question but MS word 2007 has me stumped. Surely it has to be the worst of the MS word packages.

Trying to insert page numbers in a large word document.

I need the numbering to run I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII and then 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc etc.

For some reason I can achieve the I - VII but when I revert to numerical values it starts with no.8, 9, 10 etc etc I need page 8 to be no.1

Can anyone advise me how I do it?

Thanks
 balmybaldwin 23 Jul 2014
In reply to Alan M:
trying to recall.... but in the bullets and numbering dialog box (under right click menu) there's a tick box on one of the tabs that either continues number sequence or restarts it. If you haven't got a section break you may need to add one, and unlink the header/footers from the previous section (if they are linked by default - i can't remember)
Post edited at 23:39
KevinD 23 Jul 2014
In reply to Alan M:

sounds like you need a section break after the VII.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/word-help/restart-page-numbering-for-each...
 hokkyokusei 23 Jul 2014
In reply to Alan M:
I think you need the two numbering ranges to be in different sections, separated by a section break.

youtube.com/watch?v=E1WtKR6FDM4&
Post edited at 23:46
OP Alan M 23 Jul 2014

In reply all:

Thanks everyone - A section break has sorted it for the numbering now I have a second issue.

On the title page (so no number) I need to insert a logo in to the header, which is easy enough. However, for some reason the logo is also appearing on page 54. If I delete the logo from page 54 it also deletes from the title page. Any ideas?

Why I chose to use MS Word 2007 I don't know, knew there was a reason why I personally avoid it.
Post edited at 23:52
 Lurking Dave 24 Jul 2014
In reply to Alan M:

On page 54, click on the header, find "link to previous" unmark this.

Cheers
LD

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...