UKC

Pembroke, wheres the dws!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dan_dangled 24 Jul 2014
Hi guys,
Id like to know where the best dws is in pembrokeshire! Something high and commiting with a good landing if possible. If any of you can give me any information that would be great.

Cheers
 Cheese Monkey 24 Jul 2014
In reply to dan_dangled:

The Deep Water guidebook has everything you need. Not been myself yet but the guide is great
 Owen W-G 24 Jul 2014
In reply to dan_dangled:

There's some around the mother carey's area and some around the barcud area too.

RF DWS and the Pembroke definitive guides give details.
pasbury 24 Jul 2014
In reply to Owen W-G:

Barrel zawn at Caerbwdi is one I know of - there's a sample topo somewhere.

I bet there are many more spots to be found on the North coast too.
 trouserburp 24 Jul 2014
In reply to pasbury:

Barrel zawn is a lovely DWS venue where the angle eases off the higher you get. So you're probably wanting Lydstep aka Mother Scareys. They're about 12m high with mostly safe landings or if you really dig brown pants there's some higher stuff in Range East

Get a guidebook - it can take me an hour to find these 'blind' places even with the instructions and photos
 Jon Stewart 24 Jul 2014
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Yep, perfect pitch is pretty scary, I haven't dws'd it either. Lots of good stuff very close by in twin caves area (lydstep cavern bay). I live very close so if you are in the area I'm happy to let you have a look at the guide book, or show you round, the easier stuff.
stu maci 24 Jul 2014
In reply to dan_dangled:

There's absolutely heaps. The rockfax guidebook is rubbish for dws, get the specific climbers club guidebook for the area you intend to visit.

Plenty on the south and north coasts, you've just gotta get your head around the tides.
 Ed morris 05 Aug 2014
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Perfect pitch is a great route and a reasonable solo. Its S1 because if you don't jump slighty left it is a bit shallow. On the other hand the climbing is very steady and you would have time to direct your fall if you felt yourself coming off.

1234None 05 Aug 2014
In reply to Jon Stewart:

I thought Perfect Pitch was superb, and quite safe really (we had a good spring tide). It does feel committing but I don't recall feeling as though I would hit anything if I came off.

Stennis has some terrifying DWS - flashing eyebrows is superb, but I found it felt pretty high.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...