UKC

Last Min trip Ceuse

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rich2002 24 Jul 2014
Due to the weather being awful in switzerland next week we are considering other locations and Ceuse and (surrownding area)is top of the list so far.

Questions

Will a 70m rope do? we will be climbing mostly 6s but aiming to bag the odd 7a as well

Are then any restrictions on when/where we can climb at the moment.
also any helpful hints in general would be great

Thanks
 James Malloch 25 Jul 2014
In reply to Rich2002:

70m is fine, it's all I had with me last year and I didn't get close to running out of rope in 7 weeks of climbing.

You'll be restricted by the sun. Mornings are spent at the cascade sector, but there aren't many lower grade routes here, though those that are there were pretty good IMO.

Afternoons can be spent elsewhere once the routes are in the shade and there is so much amazing rock to go at in the grades you want!
But you can climb from about 2ish on these areas so you might be restricted by time. I generally got about 5 hours in a day but that was more in August, so with later sunsets you could probably squeeze more in. You can always do a warm up in the sun too to get extra time.

You won't regret going! The local guide is great and about 25 euros in the campsite.
OP Rich2002 25 Jul 2014
In reply to James Malloch:

Thanks for the info

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...