UKC

Sport climbing near Suffolk or in Sheffield area

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jwhepper 26 Jul 2014
I live in Suffolk and am looking for decent sport climbing around 5-6b+ grade.

I'd be happy to drive up to Sheffield/Peak District area if there is good sport there. If there is anything closer that'd be amazing but I'm not really expecting much!

Thanks for any help
 GrahamD 26 Jul 2014
In reply to jwhepper:

For decent sport climbing from Suffolk, go to Stanstead and fly to Spain or France. Seriously
OP jwhepper 26 Jul 2014
In reply to GrahamD:

I've actually just come back from Provence, loved it. Guess by the lack of replies I'm going to have to buy my own rack and play the trad game some more...
 Al Evans 27 Jul 2014
 kyaizawa 27 Jul 2014
In reply to jwhepper:

Hey buddy,
There's plenty of sport in the Peak on the limestone, though most of it is 6a and up, probably 7a and up for most of the starred routes (ie unlike on the Continent, they haven't really bothered bolting the easier lines). Had a look through guidebooks and there's easier stuff at Harpur Hill, Horseshoe and Masson Lees Quarries, though I'm not entirely sure any of it is good or worth the trip...
So the conclusion... it's definitely more worthwhile getting out on trad!!
OP jwhepper 10 Aug 2014
In reply to kyaizawa:

Cheers Ky, just been in Langdale and it's paining me to see all the beautiful trad routes I can't climb! Buying a rack has just moved to the top of the priorities list
 MaranaF 10 Aug 2014
In reply to jwhepper:
you could always buy a SDS and some bolts. [going to hide for the rest of the day now]
Post edited at 10:06
 Graeme Hammond 10 Aug 2014
In reply to MaranaF:

haha I grew up in Woodbridge, a nice small town compared to the hole that Ipswich which is where I'd build it over instead, maybe extend the dry ski slope as it grows???

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...