UKC

Tony Blair

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FesteringSore 27 Jul 2014
With all that's going on at the moment between Israel and Palestine I couldn't help thinking about the appointment of Blair as Middle East "Peace Envoy"

Has he achieved anything in this role?
 Blizzard 27 Jul 2014
In reply to FesteringSore:

This is your idea of a joke, right?
OP FesteringSore 27 Jul 2014
In reply to Blizzard:

> This is your idea of a joke, right?

Depends
 Postmanpat 27 Jul 2014
Sure he has, he's thrown a party for Cherie

http://gulfnews.com/news/world/blair-in-spot-after-lavish-birthday-party-fo...
Post edited at 13:02
 TMM 27 Jul 2014
In reply to Postmanpat:

Ouch, that's embarrassing.

I hope you clear your browsing history and remove cookies when you close your browser.
 Postmanpat 27 Jul 2014
In reply to TMM:

> Ouch, that's embarrassing.

> I hope you clear your browsing history and remove cookies when you close your browser.

Don't know what you mean
 Jim Fraser 27 Jul 2014

Who?
andreas 27 Jul 2014

Not quite sure how Tony Blair became a peace envoy, my favorite theory is that that illuminati are no less susceptible to irony and humour than the rest of us.

He must be quite good at it though - "Hello Mr. Rouhani, these are the peace terms. Stop reasearching nuclear technology or we'll make up a load of lies and illegally invade your country."

> Has he achieved anything in this role?

Exposed himself as a charlatan.

Jim C 28 Jul 2014
War criminal, so far , unpunished .

Dauphin 28 Jul 2014

More of the same to advance the interest of the relevant parties - The Quartet. So quite a success then.

D
 Bruce Hooker 28 Jul 2014

You may appreciate this:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ba8bB1q8XEg&

Xharlie 28 Jul 2014

I have often stated, from the comfort of my soap-box, that I can't understand how Americans sleep at night if they aren't spending all their waking moments protesting against the travesties committed by their government and elected leaders.

I am starting to consider tarring the British people with the same brush.

We sit in our pubs, watching the 'footie' and drinking our ale, enjoying good medical care, low crime, fast Internet, fast food, fast trains, first-class entertainment, freedom of religion and speech (on Twitter, at least) and a justice system that is almost adequate. We are given just enough comfort in our lives and asked to work just hard enough to earn it - making the rich richer, all the while.

We allow our politicians to get away with murder because we're comfortable and lazy and too tired to fight.

(... steps off soap-box, exits stage right. Disconnects from Internet and goes climbing instead.)

(I don't know where I am going with this developing opinion... it's an idea-in-progress.)
Removed User 28 Jul 2014
In reply to Xharlie:

> travesties committed by their government and elected leaders

Quite a lot of them didn't vote for the current incumbents. Or the previous.

The same would be the case here - possibly more so, at the moment.
 Bobling 28 Jul 2014

> Has he achieved anything in this role?

Sure - he helped Dubya f*ck the Middle East for generations to come and voila - a job for him post government where he can talk earnestly about fixing it. Contemptible.

Jim Lancs 28 Jul 2014
I didn't think my opinion of Tony Blair could sink any lower, but . . .

" . . . comedian Bobby Davro was also hired to entertain".

If you were as rich as Tony Blair, is that the best you could do for your wife's surprise birthday party?
 Rob Exile Ward 28 Jul 2014
In reply to Bobling:

To be fair, although I have no time for Blair or Bush, and never supported the invasion of Iraq (unlike some others of this parish), I think the Middle East has proved quite capable of f*cking itself up without any outside intervention - a combination of mediaeval religion, antiquated tribal culture, greed, misplaced machismo, and ignorance. Add unimaginable, unearned wealth to that and you have a pretty desperate mix.
Jim C 28 Jul 2014
In reply to Jim Lancs:
>
> If you were as rich as Tony Blair, is that the best you could do for your wife's surprise birthday party?

What's the story there, does she think she is the Queen? Her birthday is in September, does she need to have two birthdays now.

Xharlie 28 Jul 2014
In reply to Removed UserBwox:

If not voting for a president absolves one of all responsibility, democracy is the ultimate scam: it gives half the voters and all the abstainers an excuse to stick their head in the sand and let evil be evil.

When all is said and done, they/we ARE paying taxes into their coffers and working to build the economy that funds their actions.
 Bruce Hooker 28 Jul 2014
In reply to Xharlie:

> If not voting for a president absolves one of all responsibility,

Are you sure Britain has a president?
 Xharlie 28 Jul 2014
In reply to Bruce Hooker:

Yes. When your "Prime Minister" simply answers all demands with "Yes, Mr Bush", you effectively have a president - one the British public did not elect. He isn't prime minister any more and Bush is gone. They should both be in prison.
 krikoman 30 Jul 2014
In reply to Xharlie:

>
> (I don't know where I am going with this developing opinion... it's an idea-in-progress.)

You could come and shout a bit, it helps, I think.

https://www.facebook.com/palestinesolidarityuk?fref=nf
Removed User 30 Jul 2014
In reply to Jim Fraser:

> Who?

He's the 21st century's answer to Henry Kissinger don't you know.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...