Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Camp / Cassin X-Dream axes - anyone tried them?

Brian Pollock - on 27 Jul 2014
I've been looking for a new set of ice tools for next season in Scotland. I wanted something more aggressive than my quarks, probably primarily for mixed routes and dry tooling but also good on steep ice.

I was originally set on Nomics having tried a friend's set, however, recent posts mentioning issues with durability and heads / pommels coming loose put me off a bit.

The alternative was Fusions but I was a little put off by the weight and less than rave reviews about performance on ice.

I have finally come across the Cassin (Camp) X-Dreams on sale in the uk at a good price. They look the business, cost less than rivals and, from the reviews I've seen, they seem to tick all the boxes, performing well in all areas.

Just wondering if anyone has used these and can offer any thoughts on how they stand up against the more popular Nomics/Fusions?

... not showing 10 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums