UKC

Southstone Rock, Worcestershire.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TobyA 28 Jul 2014
Does anyone know who has put the lower off point (don't worry, no bolts involved!) in above the main face at Southstone? It looks rather strong and reliable and the krabs look in good nick - so presumably it was put there recently?

I was there tonight with a machete, I cleared some nettles away below the far left undercut buttress that could give some interesting bouldering. I was also hacking around at the top trying to clear the path a little to the 'bridge' over to the 'island' that makes up the main face. The logs across the crevasse looked a bit rotten and dodgy so I cut a fresh stout hazel log and put that in place over. Take care of course, but it should be pretty strong to stand on if you don't want to jump.

If anyone local is interested in meeting there sometime for some brushing/gardening and climbing I'd be up for it as I'm in the area for the time being.
 mark20 28 Jul 2014
Ace, I'm working near there next week, would be keen to do some bouldering in the evenings. Drop me an email if you're around
Thanks
Mark
 The Pylon King 28 Jul 2014
In reply to TobyA:

The Mendip crag that went AWOL!
OP TobyA 29 Jul 2014
In reply to mark20:

Mark, I'm back in Finland from Friday to Friday; don't know if you're around before or after that. Otherwise just get up there (take a stiff brush) and see if you can do some problems - the lip on the far left where I smacked down the nettles might give someone of your talents some problems to try.

I took this pic http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3bhSo6922y4/TRo43YX4i-I/AAAAAAAACk8/msi4IzCZlng/s... four and a bit years ago of that sector, it's amazing how much stuff has grown up since - there's a new small tree a bit in the way now although I chopped some of it down last night.
 mark20 30 Jul 2014
In reply to TobyA:

Thanks for the info, looks good. I think I'll be there Mon-Fri unfortunately, but it could change, I'll remember take some gardening gear then!
OP TobyA 30 Jul 2014
In reply to mark20:

The path was still boggy walking up too - got wet feet in trainers. Impressive considering how dry and hot the weather has been!
I'd wear jeans for the nettle and bramble bashing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...