/ Hi, I'm looking for partners in Scotland

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Sarapereira - on 01 Aug 2014
Hi, I'm thinking in travel to Scotland, September or October, and I want to climbing. I'm Brazilian but I'm living in Dublin at the moment. Does anyone want climbing with me in Scotland? I'm climbing almost every week where in Dublin, trad climbing. I can climbing VS and HVS (in a good day :). Also I really want to try winter climbing.
Cheers,
Sara
rallymania - on 01 Aug 2014
In reply to Sarapereira:

might be worth narrowing down a bit where in Scotland you intend to visit :-)

Sarapereira - on 01 Aug 2014
In reply to rallymaniahi,
I'm not sure yet. I'm researching about the places, but I couldn't decide yet. Do you have any suggestions?
rodexc - on 01 Aug 2014
In reply to Sarapereira:

hi sarapereira

i winter climb as much as possible mainly ben nevis glencoe area. am always looking for climbing partners. would be happy to show you some easy routes.

rod
Sarapereira - on 04 Aug 2014
In reply to rodexc:

Hi I decide the date of my travel, I'll stay 7 days in Scotland, between 10-17 October. My flight arrive in Glasgow. Any suggestion?
Fiend - on 04 Aug 2014
In reply to Sarapereira:

Stay in Glasgow, go climbing rocks a lot. I might well be around then.
PPP - on 04 Aug 2014
In reply to Sarapereira:

You can look up at Dumbarton Rock, it's rather famous place.
Sarapereira - on 05 Aug 2014
In reply to Fiend:

I want to spend some time in Glasgow, but I want to go camping and visit a few places in the country. Do you recommend some trekking?
Fiend - on 05 Aug 2014
In reply to Sarapereira:

If you want to explore, hire a car and cruise around the West Coast and North West if the weather allows. The best scenery and most of the best climbing. Post here in advance with your rough plan and try to collect people en-route!
Sarapereira - on 06 Aug 2014
In reply to Fiend:

I can't afford this kind of trip...hahaha. I'll travel in the most economic way I can. Do you can tell me the best month to do ice climbing in Glencoe? And another area to do ice climbing?
Michael Gordon - on 06 Aug 2014
In reply to Sarapereira:

The most notable pure ice climbing in Glen Coe is at fairly low level and will only be found in the depths of a cold winter, most likely January. But don't hold your breath!

Ben Nevis (for example) is more reliable, the best months arguably Feb/March.
ads.ukclimbing.com
rodexc - on 13 Aug 2014
In reply to Sarapereira:

do you have any transport? have you thought about isle of syke there's 100's of climbs mountaineering routes there.
glencoe has the anoach echan ridge
earlist winter climbing is dec if your lucky

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.