UKC

Atlas Mountains

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 davidrj1 06 Aug 2014
Hi all,

A friend and me are considering a trip to the Atlas Mountains in Morocco. Due to our respective availability and flights direct from Scotland we won't be able to go until the very end of October. I understand this to be the very start of winter. We've both got pretty good experience and I've got decent alpine experience. My mate doesn't have much in the way of mountaineering experience however (though ex army and lots of trekking) so we won't be climbing. We'd rather travel independently though I accept there might be a need for local guides so open to the idea. Does anyone have any experience of the area or suggestions on what to do? We'll have about a week.

Cheers
 felt 06 Aug 2014
In reply to davidrj1:

Even tho you only have a week, avoid the honeypots of Asni, Imlil, Toubkal etc if you want an adventure. Go somewhere no one has heard of. The range is huge, seems a shame to go where everyone else goes. The Collomb West Col guide might be helpful, if dated.
 67hours 06 Aug 2014
In reply to davidrj1: I spent a week in March trying to do an unsupported winter traverse across the "Ridge of Hundred Peaks" in the far western Atlas. No other climbers in sight, we met 2 shepherds in 5 days in the mountains I think. Incredible place, scenery and potential. I definitely second what felt has said above.

Message me if you want to know any more!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...