UKC

UKC Strava group?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kevin stephens 06 Aug 2014
Hmm, actually maybe not a good idea....
 the power 06 Aug 2014
In reply to kevin stephens: wehhay just joined it I'm in 8th
 davy_boy 06 Aug 2014
In reply to kevin stephens: good idea just joined myself 3rd place as well
andymac 06 Aug 2014
In reply to kevin stephens:

Can see the merits of Strava.

Obviously it creates its competitive groups and gives guys and gals targets to try and achieve .and beat.

But does it not also create an environment of unhealthy competition.which in itself creates squabbles ,jealousies,accusations of cheating ,and fall outs. ( seen all these)

I would rather quietly to my stealth cycling .hammer it when I want ,when not knackered after work. And do my own thing.

Kimono 07 Aug 2014
In reply to andymac:
I love using Strava.
Yes, it draws out the competitiveness in me but 'squabbles, jealousies and cheating' I have not experienced.
Maybe it depends on the person?
 mbh 07 Aug 2014
In reply to andymac:

I also really like using it, for running.

This is really interesting:

http://labs.strava.com/heatmap/#5/-6.18076/47.28019/gray/both

In reply to andymac:

Strava has bought out a nasty competitive streak in me. I race against one particular opponent most rides determined to crush him. When I'm going well on a hill I look into his eyes like Armstrong to Patini as if to say "are you coming" before changing up to leave him for dust. When I'm weak I hate the humiliation I suffer if I can't match him

That other rider is myself last week, last month or last year when I've ridden the same hill or loop previously
 balmybaldwin 07 Aug 2014

Wilst I was all for Strava (and started the UKC group), I did find it was beginning to ruin my sense of fun when riding.

It's been almost a year now since I went riding, then got straight on the computer to find out how many pbs I had got etc. I still record some of my rides but not many of them, they will eventually get uploaded, but I'm enjoying my cycling a bit more now.

(This is probaby mainly due to me being a lazy bugger and loosing some fitness over the winter which made the whole thing depressing... now I'm back on an upward trend it may be worth it again!)
 AlisonSmiles 07 Aug 2014

Mostly I'm happy if I can beat Betty Butcher.
 Strachan 07 Aug 2014

3rd!
 woolsack 07 Aug 2014

Quality not quantity

I'm in - great to see a few in the UKC group ride on my local segments and hills; I'll be wearing my UKC jersey more often now!
 woolsack 08 Aug 2014

> I'll be wearing my UKC jersey more often now!

Mine must have got lost in the post

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...