UKC

Short visit to Yosemite and environs - climbing opportunities

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MadProfessor 07 Aug 2014
I'll be in King's Canyon, Yosemite and Tuolomne Meadows for 2 weeks in mid September, ostensibly on a walking trip with my wife, but I have been granted a pass for a day or two's climbing and would like to grab a route or two.....thus need to find a partner etc - any suggestions?
In reply to MadProfessor:

Outside 'the' shop in Tuolomne is where all the climbers meet, hang out and drink coffee. I'm sure if you rocked up there you could find some people. Plus there is a classified board there which I seem to remember having some 'partners wanted' notes on.
lostcat 07 Aug 2014
In reply to MadProfessor: I seem to remember a notice board at the Camp 4 camp site in Yosemite where you could leave a partner wanted notice. I'm pretty sure you could just turn up in the morning and hook up with someone at the camp site too.
 David Coley 07 Aug 2014

You might like to join the South Devon Mountaineering Club. Even if you live in Turso. They will be there for 2 weeks from the 13th Sept.

A UKC profile would help.

Otherwise the notice board in camp 4 has worked for me, as has the one at the shop in T. Meadows.
OP MadProfessor 09 Aug 2014

Thanks to all so far....
 Offwidth 09 Aug 2014

Put a post for a partner on Supertopo or Mountain Project. There is good climbing in Kings Canyon/Sequoia as well.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...