UKC

Berghaus trail chase

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mr Fuller 08 Aug 2014
Anyone doing the Berghaus trail chase in the Moors on 16/17th August? My partner and I are coming from Leeds but at the moment our best option on getting there and back is a train to Northallerton then cycle to the start (7 miles), which isn't necessarily ideal preparation for a race, and I think the cycle back on the Sunday could be particularly unpleasant...

Anyone else going from Leeds area and able to give us a lift; or travelling via Northallerton and able to pick us up there and give us a lift to the start near Osmotherley/Thimbleby? There would be free booze/food/something in it for you! Cheers.
 Elsier 08 Aug 2014
In reply to Mr Fuller:

I'm taking part, but I'll be coming over the A66, but Northallerton isn't too far out of the way so I'd be happy to give you a lift from there to the start and back to the train station at the end of the week. Send me a message if that's any good to you.

Thanks Elsie
OP Mr Fuller 08 Aug 2014
In reply to Elsier: Thanks, have now messaged you.
 Wonrek 19 Aug 2014
In reply to Mr Fuller:

How was it? It looked a good event, I liked the format. Would have entered it but I was doing a 17 hour marshalling stint for a race down here in Cornwall.

Ultra marshalling, harder than running the bloody thing!
OP Mr Fuller 20 Aug 2014
In reply to Wonrek: It was an excellent event, well organised and with nice courses. The 'red' route on the Saturday was a little bit too much hard-packed trail for me, but the Sunday was great with lots of moorland. Nice atmosphere too. I'll plan to do it again next year if I can.

The UKC collective did pretty well: my girlfriend (another UKC user) and I won the mixed pair; Elsie, above, who gave us a lift won the women's pair with her running partner!
 Wonrek 21 Aug 2014
In reply to Mr Fuller:

Sounds pretty good! I read the blog on A FB page and I'm sad to have missed this one. One for the ever increasing list next year then!

Well done!!
OP Mr Fuller 21 Aug 2014
In reply to Wonrek:

Cheers! Yes, I'd definitely recommend it as an event to do. I wrote a bit about it here: http://gearandmountains.wordpress.com/ though that also includes a load of nonsense on my past-running which you might want to ignore.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...