UKC

What to do with old climbing shoes?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 emitto 08 Aug 2014
Hi there, having a shoe clear out at the moment - I am a bit of a gear and shoe junkie and have way too many pairs of boots.
So, I have six pairs of old boots in various states but none with excessive holes or wear, and all still wearable in my opinion. Four of the pairs are just too small for me, I cant take the pain of cramped toes I used to put up with 10 years ago, plus my feet have definitely got fatter with the passing of time.
Any ideas what to do with them? Any one with a good cause who wants to take them off my hands?

MaranaF 08 Aug 2014
In reply to emitto:

On the road up to Ailefroide they are nailed to the telegraph poles... [not that I have any idea why]
In reply to emitto: I just sold our old shoes on here when we had a major clear out.

In these austere times there are normally beginners or people running climbing clubs who are very happy to pay a few quid for second hand shoes. I sold at least 8 pairs for varying amounts from nothing (except postage) through to £20 depending on condition. If I remember correctly, someone bought 4 or 5 pairs for a climbing club.

There is a good chance someone will reply to this thread, but if not, you don't lose anything by listing them on the For Sale/Wanted forum either for free or for fairly nominal amounts depending on your preference.
 Michael Gordon 08 Aug 2014
In reply to emitto:

give them to charity
In reply to emitto:

Definitely give them to a wall for beginners on courses

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...