UKC

The new Doctor

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 11 Aug 2014
I hope this Doctor is sinister enough to bring a darker side to the show, rather than the most recent pantomime like doctor. However if the last doctor had Clara as his companion then they would have rocked as the chemistry was obviously there and conspicuous in its absence with as his companion Emily. All three actors were great but Clara brought out the best. And she is, lets be honest sex-on-a-stick.

Christopher Eccleston did an excellent job of reinventing the show and creating a convincing Time Lord feared throughout the galaxy for all time.
 lynda 11 Aug 2014
In reply to The Lemming:
from what I've read in the reviews, I think we have reason to be hopeful. Den of Geek does a good spoiler free review.

I won't put it on here for anyone who wants to know nothing about the new show but if you want a snippet, google Den of Geek Deep Breath review.

there was a line reported in the papers that sums up who the doctor might be. I won't post that either.
Post edited at 13:03
 The New NickB 11 Aug 2014
In reply to The Lemming:

Who is Emily? The last Doctor did have Clara as his companion.
 Blue Straggler 11 Aug 2014
In reply to The New NickB:

> Who is Emily? The last Doctor did have Clara as his companion.

I don't watch this programme but I will assume that The Lemming meant Amy. Clara came in fairly close to the end of Matt Smith's tenure.
In reply to Blue Straggler:

A complete series, plus one episode in the previous series and the Christmas special.
 Blue Straggler 11 Aug 2014
Always happy to be corrected. I still bet The Lemming meant Amy though. But now I think that by "last Doctor" he meant the one before Matt Smith....? It's confusing now!
Post edited at 15:01
 Duncan Bourne 11 Aug 2014
In reply to The Lemming:
I have to say Matt Smith grew on me. His earlier clowning was irritating but he definitely got into his stride and brought a darker more sombre edge to the character in the later series. His regeneration "we all change" speech is to my mind one of the shows finest moments.
OP The Lemming 11 Aug 2014

> Who is Emily? The last Doctor did have Clara as his companion.

Brain freeze, it was Amy Pond. The chemistry which was with David Tenant just wasn't with Matt Smith. And then Clara hit the screen and the show took a turn for the better.

Pond was great but she worked better with David Tenant.
 The Pylon King 11 Aug 2014
In reply to Duncan Bourne:

I hope the new one swears a lot.
 Ffion Blethyn 11 Aug 2014
In reply to The Pylon King:

> I hope the new one swears a lot.

NOT safe for work - because it's a little bit sweary

youtube.com/watch?v=5Blf073f2Lc&
OP The Lemming 11 Aug 2014
In reply to The Pylon King:
> I hope the new one swears a lot.

You mean like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=Cg-pnGFbwMQ&

youtube.com/watch?v=4KBn7kGN8LM&
Post edited at 18:06
 Yanis Nayu 11 Aug 2014
In reply to The Lemming:

Personally, I think he'll be mag-f*cking-nificent...
In reply to The Lemming:

> Brain freeze, it was Amy Pond. The chemistry which was with David Tenant just wasn't with Matt Smith. And then Clara hit the screen and the show took a turn for the better.

> Pond was great but she worked better with David Tenant.

I hate to appear like a complete Doctor Who geek, because I'm really not, but Amy Pond never appeared with David Tenant, only ever with Matt Smith.
OP The Lemming 12 Aug 2014

In that case, all the doctors have blurred into one and made my brain hurt.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...