UKC

Few questions on Kaly

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 afrosam 12 Aug 2014
Few questions on Kalymnos as I'm off there for the first time in October for a week.

Suggestions on good routes 7b - 7c+ that would be good candidates to either redpoint or onsight.

Any other routes that shouldn't be missed.

Is it definitely worth getting an 80m rope and if so is there a noticeable difference in say 9,2/9.4mm over 9.8mm?

What's the most up to date guide book and is it best to buy here or there?

Cheers,
Sam
 Dave Musgrove 13 Aug 2014
In reply to afrosam:

There have been lots of forum threads on classic routes on Kaly and routes to do at all grades. Search Forums in the menu should reveal all.

I think an 80m rope is useful for certain routes on Kaly but lots of climbers still get away with a 70m . The only significant advantage of thinner ropes is weight. Thicker ones will probably last longer though.

The current guide is the 2010 edition but it has been reprinted with several grade corrections. Buy it here or there the price is about the same but if you buy it now you will have time to make decisions on routes to do.

Climbkalymnos website has full updates on recent additions and you can get various printed updates cheaply on the island - Try the Glaros bar for extra info when you are there.

The logbook pages on here are also worth scanning for tips and comments on many of the most popular routes.
OP afrosam 13 Aug 2014
In reply to Dave Musgrove:

Cheers for the info. I'll have a trawl through the old forums on here when I get a spare moment.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...