UKC

Bluetooth and MacBook Air

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
For you computer wizards...

I have an iPhone 5 which will happily bluetooth to my car, but not my MB Air.
And my MB Air wont pair with my mates phone... I dont know why, any advice welcome!!
In reply to mh554:

bump
 rallymania 13 Aug 2014
In reply to mh554:

... what exactly are you trying to achieve with the pairing?

not able to spend too much time looking at the moment, but i seem to recal apple run a reduced feature set on some bluetooth products.

might be worth looking through their support forums / online support to see if what you are trying to do is actually supported.

JR 13 Aug 2014
In reply to mh554:

you get nothing other than a internet tether from BT pairing to iphone on a macbook - there's no file functionality etc this will come via airdrop/yosemite/ios8
In reply to John Roberts (JR):

John is completely right.

Whilst it seemed surprising to me when I first got an iPhone, they don't actually pair with MacBooks or MacBook Airs - Google it and you'll find a lot of other unhappy customers!

Rob
 mbh 13 Aug 2014
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKC:

I have found this.

Doesn't Airdrop do what you would want to do with Bluetooth, though, at least between iphones and iPads?
In reply to mh554:

Well I have created a Pages doc on my iphone, and want to airdrop it to the MBAir. But for some reason i cant...
 ben b 13 Aug 2014
In reply to mh554:

That's what iCloud is for.

At least until Yosemite and iOS 8 are out in the wild - then if you have recent(ish) hardware you will be able to do this fine without iCloud.

b
In reply to ben b:

Maybe a visit to an Apple Guru in store is required. I have a couple of problems... Im not that computer savvy.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...