UKC

Robin Williams

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Tim Chappell 13 Aug 2014
What a sad end to a dazzling life. He was one of the comedy institutions I grew up with. I'm really upset that his story should end like this.

RIP.
 wilkie14c 13 Aug 2014
In reply to Tim Chappell:
When I think of Robin he will always be Mork & Mindy and Mrs Doubtfire, the latter being one of the best feel good films of my lifetime. RIP Robin
 john arran 13 Aug 2014

> What a sad end to a dazzling life. He was one of the comedy institutions I grew up with. I'm really upset that his story should end like this.

I completely agree about him being a brilliant comedy institution but surely you of all people can't believe that his story is ending here and there ISN'T more to come for him?

Yanis Nayu 13 Aug 2014

He wasn't really my cup of tea, but he was undoubtedly talented and by all accounts a decent chap. It's terribly sad that someone with so much to live for chose to end his own life. Reminds me of Gary Speed.
 Shapeshifter 13 Aug 2014

Gutted - every now and again somebody dies, who in some way was part of your formative years. They always seemed to be there and contributed to your music tastes or sense of humour or what you liked in film or whatever...basically a building block in your life.

For me he was one of these and it's such a shame to lose him like this. RIP.
moffatross 13 Aug 2014

I noticed that there's been no comment from Gary Barlow.
andymac 13 Aug 2014
Talented guy.

Watched his standup clips on Utube a few times .

Intense ,rapid fire stuff.

The George Dubya Bush stuff was brilliant.

Always did feel he was a rather complex ,tortured soul.but a lovely,sensitive guy.

Growing up,I'll remember him from Good Will hunting (he was made for that roll)
And the Birdcage (hell,he was made for that role too)

He loved coming to the Highlands ,and I've just read an account of one of his and Billy Connollys boating exploits on Loch Ness in the paper.

RIP .
Post edited at 19:44
 Pekkie 20 Aug 2014
 Blue Straggler 20 Aug 2014
In reply to Pekkie:

> Barry Norman's take on this. A bit harsh?

Not really. As I asked on Facebook when the news broke - what is the most recent Robin Williams feature film that anyone has enjoyed? I would guess that we need to go back at least 12 years, if talking about lead roles.
None of this takes away from his talent and none of it is disrespectful.

It reminded me of when Liz Taylor died and I pointed out that nobody had been to a cinema to see her in a starring role in a new film for about 42 years, and was told that I was being disrespectful (when I was merely stating a fact)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...