/ Dick's Climbing Deal of the Month: Mammut Genesis 60m Pair Deal

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Dick's Climbing logo, 5 kb

For a very short time we have 60m pairs of the classic Bristish trad rope, the Mammut Genesis at only 225.

Get them while you can!

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=6533
andrewmcleod - on 13 Aug 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

Anybody have strong opinions about these vs Beal Cobra II Unicore Goldendry? Need to get some halves at some point...
timmeehhhh - on 13 Aug 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

Generally the Beal vs Mammut discussion boils down to:

1. Mammut ropes last longer

2. Beal ropes handle better

So that's the tradeoff...
ianlaw - on 13 Aug 2014
In reply to andrewmcleod:

Ring Dick, he just did me a very reasonable deal on some 50m Beal half ropes as didn't want the Mammuts. Can't recommend this retailer enough, always buy from him.
BnB - on 13 Aug 2014
In reply to ianlaw: Agreed. Always top service from Dick
The Ex-Engineer - on 13 Aug 2014
In reply to timmeehhhh: Probably worth expanding the discussion slightly:

> 1. Mammut ropes last longer
and generally stretch less so have higher impact forces

> 2. Beal ropes handle better
and generally stretch more so have lower impact forces

IMO some of the Beal ropes have more stretch (Cobra 11.5% vs Genesis 9%) than I would ideally prefer for general UK summer cragging, however I would be very happy climbing with them in Winter or in the Alps.
Richard Hall - on 14 Aug 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

I pretty much agree with everything said above, apart from the bit about me being a good retailer, that is nonsense, but thanks Ian.

In short they are both excellent ropes and you won't go far wrong whichever option you go for. I personally prefer the slightly prefer the harder wearing Genesis, but that is only really relevant if you are lobbing off all the time.

If I were buying myself I'd probably just get whichever was cheaper at the time.

As Ian says if you do want a pair of Cobras give me a call and I'll sort out a deal for you.

Dick
andrewmcleod - on 14 Aug 2014
In reply to Richard Hall:

Hopefully you will still have some left when I get paid at the end of the month then... :P
ads.ukclimbing.com
Richard Hall - on 14 Aug 2014
In reply to andrewmcleod:

I'm hoping I won't have any left by the end of the month! That may be a little optimistic however.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.