UKC

Dick's Climbing Deal of the Month: Mammut Genesis 60m Pair Deal

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 13 Aug 2014
Dick's Climbing logo, 5 kb

For a very short time we have 60m pairs of the classic Bristish trad rope, the Mammut Genesis at only £225.

Get them while you can!

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=6533
 andrewmc 13 Aug 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

Anybody have strong opinions about these vs Beal Cobra II Unicore Goldendry? Need to get some halves at some point...
 timmeehhhh 13 Aug 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

Generally the Beal vs Mammut discussion boils down to:

1. Mammut ropes last longer

2. Beal ropes handle better

So that's the tradeoff...
 ianlaw 13 Aug 2014
In reply to andrewmcleod:

Ring Dick, he just did me a very reasonable deal on some 50m Beal half ropes as didn't want the Mammuts. Can't recommend this retailer enough, always buy from him.
 BnB 13 Aug 2014
In reply to ianlaw: Agreed. Always top service from Dick
In reply to timmeehhhh: Probably worth expanding the discussion slightly:

> 1. Mammut ropes last longer
and generally stretch less so have higher impact forces

> 2. Beal ropes handle better
and generally stretch more so have lower impact forces

IMO some of the Beal ropes have more stretch (Cobra 11.5% vs Genesis 9%) than I would ideally prefer for general UK summer cragging, however I would be very happy climbing with them in Winter or in the Alps.
 Richard Hall 14 Aug 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

I pretty much agree with everything said above, apart from the bit about me being a good retailer, that is nonsense, but thanks Ian.

In short they are both excellent ropes and you won't go far wrong whichever option you go for. I personally prefer the slightly prefer the harder wearing Genesis, but that is only really relevant if you are lobbing off all the time.

If I were buying myself I'd probably just get whichever was cheaper at the time.

As Ian says if you do want a pair of Cobras give me a call and I'll sort out a deal for you.

Dick
 andrewmc 14 Aug 2014
In reply to Richard Hall:

Hopefully you will still have some left when I get paid at the end of the month then... :P
 Richard Hall 14 Aug 2014
In reply to andrewmcleod:

I'm hoping I won't have any left by the end of the month! That may be a little optimistic however.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...