UKC

Happy Spectacle

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Enty 13 Aug 2014
On the slopes of Mont Ventoux in the 30 degree heat.
People of all shapes and sizes battling their way to the top on bikes of all shapes and sizes.
Kids shouting "Allez Papa" from car windows then hugging their dad and crying when he gets to the summit.
Marvelous scenes every week on The Giant of Provence.

E
 ewar woowar 13 Aug 2014
In reply to Enty:

Hopefully, one day, I'll get to be one of those fat lads on a bike stuggling to the top of Mont Ventoux.

I'm good for 2 out of 3 so far!

;~))
chrismcc 13 Aug 2014
In reply to Enty:

Few weeks ago now, young "chubby" Dutch lad made it to the top at the same time as I did, he had huge support from all his friends (club?)and all around - he was a wreck at the top and received huge cheers, I have seen similar on ventoux several tines and elsewhere and thought that puts me to shame - a lesson that great achievements are personal, and not necessarily measured against times or other people.....
 woolsack 13 Aug 2014
In reply to Enty:
Club des Cingles de Mont Ventoux hopefully next week. Rather not have that 30 degree heat though

Are you around next few weeks?
Post edited at 23:56
 Alpandy 14 Aug 2014
In reply to Enty:

I was up there yesterday, the biggest obstacle was the wind on the top. So much so that it actually blew a bike over that was resting against the wooden barriers right in front of me. Had to put a foot down 10m from the line to avoid crashing...but still got my PB!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...