UKC

Insane bosses

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Morgan Woods 14 Aug 2014
This caught my eye today when i should have been doing work:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/aug/12/-sp-horrible-bosses-or...

some of the comments are priceless eg:

At my first real IT job the guy who owned the company really hated computers. He forbade us from using copy and paste as "It changes things" Like copy typing a page of text doesn't let a few errors in. This guy was a former Oxbridge professor.

Once he asked me to take the FT 500 list from the newspaper and re-type it in order of country as well as biggest company at the top. I downloaded it from the FT site, stuck it in a spreadsheet, hit sort on the relevant column and printed it out to give to him (he refused to accept it on disk) He took one glance at it, asked me how I had produced it so fast and when I told him he tore it up saying "It must be wrong, computers change things". I resigned offering to take an axe to the computers on the way out.
 Ava Adore 14 Aug 2014
In reply to Morgan Woods:

Very first day, my boss took me to see his house on the way back from a visit with him to an advertising agency. The tour of his house took in his bedroom. His wife appeared partway through the tour and I was a bit taken aback that she was clearly furious with him for taking me there. Until I found out that had had many affairs with women in the office and she was clearly suspecting I was yet another in a long line.
 Reach>Talent 14 Aug 2014

I've got so much material for this thread but I am currently job hunting so I will have to abstain.
 marsbar 14 Aug 2014

I had a boss who made Sheldon from big bang seem like a people person.

Currently dealing with the fall out from a boss who left before I arrived, threw out all the stuff, deleted lots of important things from the shared drive, got his idiot mate appointed and then went off sick. Total chaos.

M
 Yanis Nayu 14 Aug 2014
In reply to Ava Adore:

I've never shown a woman into our family bedroom. He was definitely after a bit of how's your father.
 Pekkie 14 Aug 2014

This is worth checking out:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Incompetent-Manager-Adrian-Furnham/dp/1861563701

I also noticed 'Snakes in Suits - Dealing with Psycopathic Bosses' came up. On the must-read list.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...