UKC

best value small cams

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 d conacher 14 Aug 2014
Hi there
looking to buy a cam that covers a range 10mm to 16mm roughly, wondering if the camalotx4 is worth the extra £20 over the zeros or metolius the only advantage seems that it has 1.5mm extra range,whats your thoughts.
cheers dougie.
chuffer 14 Aug 2014
In reply to d conacher:

Not used X4 on rock, only felt them in the shop but gossip from those that have used them is they're not a patch on Aliens/Totems.

Personally I'd rank Metolius Mastercams up there with Aliens and Totems (I have a few of all three makes) but many others seem to disagree with me on that one. I never got on especially well with zeros - on paper, as it were, they should be great but they just don't seem as nice to use.
OP d conacher 14 Aug 2014
In reply to chuffer: Are aliens not made of really soft alloy,so you can only fall on them a few times before the lobes are knackered.
chuffer 14 Aug 2014
In reply to d conacher:

Soft in terms of aluminium but they're not made of butter! Mine are ten years old and going strong.
 Rich0777 14 Aug 2014
In reply to d conacher:

Yep; still got original blue and green Aliens from around 12 years ago - pretty worn but still going strong…
 ColdWill 14 Aug 2014
In reply to d conacher:

I saw from one of the shows that Fixe has re vamped the old Alien so there may be some deals coming up to clear stock of the old Fixe Aliens. Maybe

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...