UKC

Climbing in Meteora Greece

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 climb.jlr 18 Aug 2014
I'm planning on heading to Meteora the end of September. I'm wondering if we could get a wee bit of beta and more importantly if someone knows where to buy a guidebook. Everything I've found says to buy it at the campsite/near the area , but it seems in 2014 these things should be able to be purchased prior to taking the trip, given there's internet and mail (the route.gr website is jpeg paper-pencil drawings)... It looks amazing, and we'd like to plan some. Any help would be grand.
 JJL 18 Aug 2014
In reply to climb.jlr:

What do you want to know (been twice)?
 SonyaM 18 Aug 2014
In reply to climb.jlr:

I was there a few months ago just on a regular holiday and it really does look amazing. The climbs are massive. I just wanted to find a book in the town on the basic geology of the rock and related information but I couldn't find such books and anyway most of the books weren't in English. I didn't find an outdoors shop so saw no guide books in the town and nothing to do with climbing. I'd hazard a guess they might not be in English there.
kamon 18 Aug 2014
In reply to climb.jlr:

I got the impression when climbing in Meteora that it was popular with Germans and climbing there was originally developed by them - well, after the monks anyway.

Some memorable run outs on "vertical pebble beach" style conglomerate rock with interesting old bolts... Things may have changed in the 12 years or so since I was there.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...