For Sale/Wanted forum

View latest messages in My Forums
Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.

Topic - Wanted: Ultralight sleeping bag

bendep - on 20 Aug 2014 - user since 16/Mar/13
Preferably synthetic/down synthetic combo, so as to be usable when biviing in unstable weather, however open to offer for down as well.

Rated to about +5 to 0ish

Cheers
Tom Hutton - on 20 Aug 2014
In reply to bendep:

Hi, have a Rab Alpine 400
http://www.climbers-shop.com/7007331/products/rab_alpine_400_sleeping_bag.aspx

Has had some use but no more than 15-20 nights.

Would take 120 for it posted if you're interested?

Thanks
bendep - on 20 Aug 2014
In reply to Tom Hutton:

Hi Tom, sounds like an interesting bag, but a bit on the heavy side. Could you send me a pic of it compressed?

Cheers
La Shamster on 23 Aug 2014
In reply to bendep:

Ben, I bought a Vango Venom 200 for 72 in No Outdoors using their price match arrangement as I found one for 80 online and have just used it comfortably at 1500m in the Pyrenees in unseasonably low temps! Down and weighs 650g with stuff sack.

La Sham
MtnGeekUK - on 23 Aug 2014
In reply to La Shamster:

Have you got a link for this please?
Darren Jackson - on 23 Aug 2014
In reply to MtnGeekUK:

Are you incapable of searching yourself? It took me all of 5 seconds, courtesy of Google:

http://www.vango.co.uk/gb/trekking/308-venom-200.html
Jim C - on 23 Aug 2014
In reply to Darren Jackson:

> Are you incapable of searching yourself? It took me all of 5 seconds, courtesy of Google:

Jings! He goes under a 'Geek' name, you would have expected a Google search would not have stumped him;)

Trangia - on 23 Aug 2014
malk - on 23 Aug 2014
In reply to La Shamster:
that's on my budget upgrade list. also considering the synthetic Ultralite 350 model for 50 with only 200g extra weight (0.75+0.1kg).

any other budget brands i should be looking at?
what about quilts? (bags without zips)
Post edited at 14:11
MtnGeekUK - on 23 Aug 2014
In reply to Jim C:
Ever tried to do Google shopping for the best price on mobile? Guess not - it only shows US results in dollars - certainly on the last 5 phones I've tried.

As I'm not near a PC till later, thought he may have had the 80 link handy. And your five seconds of searching gave the RRP, not anything like a 'best price'.Plus it gave the OP a bump up the thread list...

Jeez...some people!
Post edited at 14:39
psychomansam - on 23 Aug 2014
In reply to bendep:

I'm using a Tesco lightweight sleeping bag as my current lightweight option. ~10. Shit below 15 degrees unless you wear down in it. But it's cheap. And if it's just one night you can just toughen up and take it.
ex0 - on 23 Aug 2014
In reply to MtnGeekUK:

User error, change the .com to .co.uk and it'll default to gbp as you'd expect.
bendep - on 24 Aug 2014
In reply to Trangia:

Thanks for the reply Trangia - after one on here as i can't afford a PHD bag unfortunately at the moment! Not a new one anyway.

And in reply to Darren Jackson, always best to just give a link when helping people - if they don't look for it for themselves, good to assume they can't for some reason - at work for example where shops are blocked due to proxies etc - especially when helping people.

I am really looking at the Venom now, looks good for the price, although I'm always skeptical of cheap gear due to biking! - "buy cheap, buy twice" is resonating inside my head, which is why i was keen for a used bag!
Can i ask how low you took it La Shamster?

Cheers guys

La Shamster on 25 Aug 2014
Jim C - on 25 Aug 2014
In reply to MtnGeekUK:
It was not my five seconds search, that was Darren Jackson.

But good point, we perhaps jumped to conclusions that you were being lazy.

sam.sam.sam.ferguson - on 25 Aug 2014
In reply to bendep:

Hangar 18 bags. Used mine everywhere for the past few years. Even whilst it was snowing in chamonix. Cheaper today too

Www.h18orr.com
Tom Hutton - on 25 Aug 2014
In reply to bendep:

Have been away - do you still want that pic?
La Shamster on 25 Aug 2014
In reply to bendep:

I reckon it probably dropped to 5 deg. I would always use a 2 season bag in conjunction with a duvet jacket to wrap round my legs as I always feel the cold there ;-)
bendep - on 25 Aug 2014
In reply to bendep:

Hmmm I think I really need something at least waster resistant, as I bivi a lot, and think the venom would fall back there. Any idea on how the Hangar 18 ORR fair in water Sam Sam Sam?
sam.sam.sam.ferguson - on 25 Aug 2014
In reply to bendep:

Hangar 18 bags are brilliant all round. Mine has been abused and always comes back to like new again. Never had any water issues with it.
ads.ukclimbing.com
bendep - on 28 Aug 2014
In reply to bendep:

Just bit the bullet on a (too) cheap and cheerful Venom 200 ;) hopefully the bullet won't bite back. Thanks for the help all!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.

My Forums