UKC

camping near Hathersage this weekend

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ciderslider 20 Aug 2014
Have tried north lees and hardhurst for this sat night - full any other suggestions - don't mind how basic
 deacondeacon 20 Aug 2014
In reply to Ciderslider:
Hi mate, there's a very cheap and cheerful campsite between Gardoms and Birchen edge called the Eric Byne memorial campsite. There is always space here when everywhere else is full and there's a pub within walking distance.
It's the cheapest campsite in the area too.
It's a ten minute walk from where you park the car (at the pub) and you'll want a headtorch with you for the stumble back to the tent
 deacondeacon 20 Aug 2014
In reply to Ciderslider:

And when I say basic, it just has a toilet and a couple of fields (often with sheep still in them).
 Blue Straggler 20 Aug 2014
In reply to deacondeacon:

> And when I say basic, it just has a toilet and a couple of fields (often with sheep still in them).

Yes but their booking and payment system is second to none!
 deacondeacon 20 Aug 2014
In reply to blue straggler:

Ccaammppssiitte feeees pplleeaassee
OP Ciderslider 20 Aug 2014

Cheers m8, will be up if the weather looks ok - pub, sheep and a field to piss in - sounds like all the creature comforts (pun) baaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

Is the pub good ???
OP Ciderslider 20 Aug 2014

My m8 has a vw van - can you park that in the campsite
 deacondeacon 20 Aug 2014
In reply to Ciderslider:

No but i can send you a private message of somewhere he can park it about three miles from there.
 deacondeacon 20 Aug 2014
In reply to Ciderslider:

And the pub is good but not exceptional, if that makes sense.
http://robinhoodinnbaslow.co.uk/
 Arcturus 20 Aug 2014
In reply to Ciderslider:
Robin Hood's cave is pretty basic but does the job if you're stuck for anything better.
 Curlyhelen 20 Aug 2014
In reply to Ciderslider:

Just be aware, at the Robin Hood pub last orders for food was 8:30 and last orders for drinks was 9:00 last time we went in!
In reply to Ciderslider:

There's a decent campsite at hope, I went there when everywhere else was full. Think it was 6 quid a night.
OP Ciderslider 21 Aug 2014
In reply to Ciderslider:

Cheers for the all the advice people

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...