/ lightweight sleeping bag plus clothes...?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
neilus - on 21 Aug 2014
Hi guys
Quick question: sleeping bag rated with comfort 17, limit 12, extreme 5 plus multiple base layers, midweight fleece, Montane prism, hat, gloves - what low temps do you think you could manage with that? Packing for Kyrgyzstan and trying to avoid taking my big 1.5kg 3 season bag if possible! POssibly a few nights at 3000m or more but i can rent a bag for that, in all probability will be camping in valleys at 1700m-ish as a base for trekking...
Any answers really appreciated, i fly at 21:00 tonight !
Cheers
Neil
Timmd on 21 Aug 2014
In reply to neilus:
Being cold is really grim. What's the weight difference between the two sleeping bags you've a choice of taking with you?
Post edited at 11:47
jkarran - on 21 Aug 2014
In reply to neilus:

I'd rather be comfortable and carry an extra 500g personally.
jk
neilus - on 21 Aug 2014
about 800g and im really struggling for space...!
top cat - on 21 Aug 2014
In reply to neilus:

Clothes work but only if you can be sure they will be dry............
neilus - on 21 Aug 2014
taking the 3 season, better safe than sorry!
cheers
Hannes on 21 Aug 2014
In reply to neilus:

I've had some truly grim nights out before I got 'ol fatty (Rab alpine 600). I have slept in -15 with a single z-lite roll mat and a +4 comfort temp down bag. The morning after I was completely destroyed and there were bits of ice in the dimples, even underneath me. I had to put on all the clothes I had with me and stick my feet in my rucksack (surprisingly warm actually). Now if this happened while out on a trek it would probably ruin the rest of the trip.

And now I realised you are probably at the airport...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.