UKC

Winterbourne Down - Bristol

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Pylon King 23 Aug 2014

http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=563

As part of the work for the new area guidebook I recently gave the crag a major clean up - removing ivy and fallen trees etc and reclimbing the routes.

Most of the routes are leadable with good protection and i have given new grades in my logbook for anyone wanting to lead them.

Some of the grading in the current book is way off.

There's also some new routes, mainly in the quarry.

Ive also been chatting to the local residents and they seem happy with people climbing there as long as you keep the shouting and swearing down.

Enjoy!

Mark
Post edited at 14:13
 pencilled in 23 Aug 2014
In reply to The Pylon King:

Nice one Mark
 BStar 23 Aug 2014

Great, I'll definitely have to check it out now. Any news on when to expect the new guidebook?
 Monk 25 Aug 2014
Good work. It's a nice little crag. I agree the grades in the current guide are a bit off, some over graded (the most popular routes) but some I found hard.
 Steve nevers 27 Aug 2014

Slightly off topic but would be great to get some more info about the newly documented stuff in Snuff Mills please, been up there a fair bit over the past 16 months.
In reply to Steve nevers:

No more public information to give out at the moment but it would be good to meet up down there soon so you can show me what youve been up to down there. There's certainly quite a bit of potential bouldering down there, some of it has obviously been done before but loads that certainly hasn't. And ive seen some chalked holds around!
Post edited at 13:01
 Steve nevers 22 Sep 2014

That wouldn't be me then. i barely chalk and brush off after.
 BFG 02 Oct 2014

Thanks for the work in the area Pylon. I've been on a few routes down there and rather like it.

For anyone else interested in the area - from the 4/5 trad routes I've done there I'd say his grades are pretty much bang on.
 tombeasley 02 Oct 2014

Thanks Mark, was down earlier in the summer and it was looking good, worth a visit every once in a while!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...