UKC

Chemotherapy and Hair Loss

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 23 Aug 2014
I'd be grateful to hear from anyone who has had to undergo chemo. I had my last session two weeks ago and I'm just wondering when I might regain my barnet! Does it depend on what type of drugs were used?
Thanks for any comments.
 FactorXXX 23 Aug 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

You do know, that if it does grow back, it might grow back a totally different colour and style.
This time next year, you could be sporting a ginger afro!!!

Anyway, all the best in the long term regardless of hair colour...
 JonnoP 23 Aug 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Bearing in mind it was nearly twenty years ago, I think it came back pretty quickly (around three to four weeks). I can't remember the drug combination but they hit me with three different types. One of which they had to put a dark bag over as it didn't like sunlight. When it did grow back, it came back really fine and, so I am told, kitten soft. This seems to appeal to the ladies!
mgco3 23 Aug 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Mine didn't start to fall out until about the 5th Week. ECX (Epirubicin, cisplatin and capecitabine) was my "cocktail".

Her indoors took great delight in taking the shears to me and giving me a crew cut as I had figured that if it was all going to drop out then the shorter the better. As it happened it didn't all fall out after all!!!

After the last session it took about 2- 3 months before I got to the stage where I had to visit the barber again. It grew back in slightly darker at first but I am back to my pre treatment colour and density.

Stick with it mate. There will be light at the end of the tunnel!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...