UKC

Jens Voigt.......

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 25 Aug 2014

....retired today.

Legend.
 balmybaldwin 25 Aug 2014
In reply to Removed User:

Will be sorely missed, but i'm sure it won't be the last of him we see. A good pundit he will make.
 abr1966 25 Aug 2014
What a great rider and entertainer.....
 nufkin 25 Aug 2014
In reply to balmybaldwin:

> A good pundit he will make.

'Shut up, mouth'
 deanstonmassif 25 Aug 2014

http://teamjva.com

mildly humorous. Nick
andymac 25 Aug 2014

Suppose it had to happen eventually.

Will take a while for his legs to be decommissioned .half life's and all that.

I have not long since got my 'Shut Up Legs ' t-shirt.

One of my more recent heroes and ,I suppose ,inspirations.

Dark-Cloud 25 Aug 2014
In reply to andymac:

He is a legend and appears to be a really nice guy, however I can't help thinking with such a high profile and the way people responded to him could have had more of a voice in the whole doping affair.....I understand that some people just don't want to be drawn on it but people would have listened to Jens.
 Richard Carter 25 Aug 2014
http://www.jensvoigtfacts.com/

Hit refresh!

My favourite:
"Jens Voigt has never made an attempt at the hour record because he could do it in less than 60 minutes."
Post edited at 20:53
 Enty 25 Aug 2014
In reply to Richard Carter:

> Hit refresh!

> My favourite:

> "Jens Voigt has never made an attempt at the hour record because he could do it in less than 60 minutes."

Top!

E
 DaveHK 25 Aug 2014
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

> I can't help thinking with such a high profile and the way people responded to him could have had more of a voice in the whole doping affair.....I understand that some people just don't want to be drawn on it but people would have listened to Jens.

Hmmm. There's a glaringly obvious response to that conundrum given the era he started in.

However, I don't really care. He was an entertainer on the bike.

Toerag 27 Aug 2014

Lots of bits about him on bigringriding . Definitely a "rider's rider" from what I gather (I'm not a cyclist)!
 Oujmik 27 Aug 2014

A great character and entertaining rider. I find it hard to get attached to anyone in cycling given the events of the past (and probably present) and Jens has been around long enough to have ridden with and for a lot of discredited riders and teams. I'll miss him, but I'll refrain from any eulogising.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...