UKC

Aiguille Dibona question

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Enty 25 Aug 2014
Quick question really - if you pushed it, how long is the walk from where you leave the car to the refuge du Soreiller?

Looking to do Voie Madier from here in a day so need to know what time to set off.

Cheers

E
 danm 25 Aug 2014
In reply to Enty:

Between 2 and 2.5 hours to the refuge, then maybe 10-15 mins to the base of the crag. I've done Visite Obligatoire in a day from the valley before, felt similar to a long Lakeland day on a big mountain crag in terms of time and effort. Quite fancy the Madier myself one day, although Visite was probably one of the best rock routes I've ever done (despite the bolts).
OP Enty 25 Aug 2014
In reply to danm:

Brilliant, just the info I need.
Time is really scarce here for me between April and September so fitting stuff like this into a day is awesome.
It's 3.5 h drive from here so well doable.

E

PS just looked on Camp to Camp and Viste Obligatoire looks like a better route and a more like our sort of grade. What was the fixed gear actually like?
 alasdair19 25 Aug 2014
In reply to Enty:

7 hours of driving 4 hours of walking and the route on top. respect!
OP Enty 25 Aug 2014
In reply to alasdair19:

> 7 hours of driving 4 hours of walking and the route on top. respect!

I know - not ideal but I have to fit this into the summer season. It's tight.

Did Cosmic Arete 2 years ago in 13 hours door to door and we're 3.5h from Cham.

E
 ericinbristol 25 Aug 2014
In reply to Enty:

I completely agree with danm's timings and assessment of the magnificence of Visite Obligatoire. The fixed gear was fine when I did it but that was yonks ago.
 danm 25 Aug 2014
In reply to Enty:

From memory, the bolts were good but often well spaced, and often you'd clip one after doing a hard move with a decent runout. It felt pretty engaging without ever getting too dangerous - the slabs at the start felt tricky in the morning cold, then the route steepens up and it just becomes amazing.
OP Enty 25 Aug 2014
In reply to danm:

> From memory, the bolts were good but often well spaced, and often you'd clip one after doing a hard move with a decent runout. It felt pretty engaging without ever getting too dangerous - the slabs at the start felt tricky in the morning cold, then the route steepens up and it just becomes amazing.

Onnit - Love slabs - sounds amazing.

E
 ericinbristol 25 Aug 2014
In reply to danm:

That's what I recall - doing a hard move at the end of a runout with the bolt just out of reach (though I am something of a shortie)
 kenr 25 Aug 2014
I did Voie Madier (except avoiding the crux crack pitch) in a day car-to-car. It was mid-week and we were the first (only?) party. Nice interesting route I thought.

If you choose the more popular{?) V.O. and especially if you do it on holiday or weekend day, you likely will find yourself behind several other parties if you start the morning by hiking up from the road.

Ken

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...