UKC

Pink Void at Baggy point

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jon59 26 Aug 2014
I climbed Pink Void at Baggy point some 15+yrs ago remembering it to be a one of those great early climbing experiences. I know there has been various rockfalls within the intervening years and after seeing a pair on it this weekend I fancy climbing it again. Has anyone climbed it recently and would care to comment on the overall grade, looseness, belays and any other info, the last recorded ascent was in 2013.
 andrewmc 26 Aug 2014
In reply to jon59:

Not climbed it, but I was at Baggy the other day and met some people who had just bailed off it...
OP jon59 26 Aug 2014
In reply to andrewmcleod:

Must have been the same pair, they bailed because of the rain.
 JJL 26 Aug 2014
In reply to jon59:

The main change is that starting direct up the slab is now much harder. The corner is a bit chossy but the traverse left is fine and well protected with small wires... It hasn't changed much. The top pitch is pretty steady. Don't trust any of the pegs though!

Soft vs with good gear where it matters
 andrewmc 27 Aug 2014
In reply to jon59:

This was a dry day a while ago so probably a different pair.
 Dave Garnett 27 Aug 2014
In reply to JJL:
> (In reply to jon59)
>
> The main change is that starting direct up the slab is now much harder.

That happened decades ago didn't it? Didn't what was left of the original start become the first bit of Heart of the Sun (after the original start to this also fell down!)?

JJL 27 Aug 2014
In reply to Dave Garnett:

It's come down in stages. Yes, HOTS goes straight up now.
 Dave Garnett 28 Aug 2014
In reply to JJL:

Yes, and pretty hard by Baggy standards as I recall. I see it's given 5c in the logbook (seems fair to me), despite the route getting E2 5b overall!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...