UKC

Window Mail(Windows 8.1)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 27 Aug 2014
I'm having problems with Windows Mail and I'm wondering if I can sort it out by uninstalling and re-installing. Does anyone know how to re-install it please?
Removed User 27 Aug 2014
OP mypyrex 27 Aug 2014
In reply to Removed User:

Sorry but I was talking about uninstalling/re-installing Windows Mail not Windows as a whole. Apologies if that wasn't clear.
Removed User 27 Aug 2014
In reply to mypyrex:
It was clear, I was just being sarcastic. It'd probably be easier than fiddling about with that awful excuse for a mail client inside an awful excuse for an operating system :p

You probably can't uninstall/reinstall it since I think it's an integrated part of the OS, but you can easily remove all the associated accounts from it which will leave the app as it was when you first started it: http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/38287-mail-app-remove-account-windows-...
Post edited at 13:51
 ByEek 27 Aug 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Perhaps this is a good time to reevaluate your mail tools. I have just come back to using Outlook at work for the first time in 3 or 4 years and can't believe how rubbish it is compared on online equivalents.
OP mypyrex 27 Aug 2014
In reply to ByEek:

Outlook Express worked fine when I was on XP. I'd give anything to go back to it.
 ByEek 27 Aug 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

True. I feel the same about hemp rope, hobnail boots and polite racism. Alas, life moves on. Embrace it. There is some good sh1t out there.
Removed User 27 Aug 2014
In reply to ByEek:

And the vast majority of it is better than Win8.1 and Windows Mail. Though I think this is the guy who wouldn't change his browser from IE a few months ago so perhaps he won't go with changes.
 BigBrother 28 Aug 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

> Outlook Express worked fine when I was on XP. I'd give anything to go back to it.

If you really want to go back to XP I have a retail XP license I could sell you. Of course MS aren't releasing security fixes for XP any more.

As to the Win8 mail problems have you checked that it is up to date rather than trying to reinstall? Go to 'Store' and see if there are updates.
 Os_878 29 Aug 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

what¡¦s the problem exactly?

email me & i will try to help. Failing that go into desktop view & open outlook if you are running Win 8.1 (rt)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...