UKC

Nepal Evos Toe Bail problems

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mike Lates 27 Aug 2014
After nowhere near enough action my lovely Evos are off limits with G20 crampons because the toe bail just won't sit properly. Most devastating is that all other boots I have need 2 holes extra length to take the G20s so my feet are miles bigger! Anyone got any solutions or am I looking into a new combo?
 CurlyStevo 27 Aug 2014
In reply to Mike Lates:
Why won't they sit properly?
Did they used to sit properly?
Which holes are you talking about the ones on the extension bar? You can buy longer bars btw.

A couple of points:

Crampon bails tend to bend over time wear the legs meet the rest of the frame, I seem to knacker rambo bails pretty quickly this way so buying new bails may fix this.

Other bails may provide a better fit with your boots and G20s (ie not the standard G20 bails)

You could try bending the exsisting bails, although you do need to be carefull not to weaken them too much - they could break or more likely quickly bend back to the current shape!
Post edited at 14:26
 Aigen 27 Aug 2014
In reply to Mike Lates:

Just put them on as best you can and then mould them in place with a heavy hammer.
 gear boy 27 Aug 2014
In reply to Mike Lates:

If the toe welt of the boot has worn low due to climbing in them then eventually Grivel will have a solution, this winter they are releasing a toe bail that turns Crampomatic into New matic, look out for it soon
 CurlyStevo 27 Aug 2014
In reply to gear boy:

you mean these?
http://www.needlesports.com/Catalogue/Winter-Climbing-Equipment/Crampons/Cr...

Still not as good as stock newmatic though (in models that come with this fitting) as the metal bars will slowly bend over time.
 Hay 27 Aug 2014
In reply to Mike Lates:
Could you try a G14 bail minus the horrible band thingy?

OP Mike Lates 27 Aug 2014
In reply to gear boy:

Magic bit of info thanks; yep mainly welt wear but I'm sure I treated them gently on the gabbro last year .
Steve- glass half full mate; always a better outlook I find.
 gear boy 28 Aug 2014
In reply to Mike Lates:

should work for you

I remember melting Koflach plastic boots with the end of a heated spoon to make bails stay on!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...