UKC

g14 crampomatic to newmatic conversion

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 stuart58 27 Aug 2014
Has anyone done this , needle sport sell it for the gsb but has anyone done it with normal type , can I use the needle sport convrrsion
 Hannes 28 Aug 2014
In reply to stuart58:

On top of my head you can. There should be three holes on the sides of the front part of the crampon where the bail slots into. Probably worth having a look and see if you can find them.
 gear boy 28 Aug 2014
In reply to stuart58:

the bail replacement is for Cramp to New, Needlesports is also telling you that you can fudge a gsb as well but invalidates warranty, maybe their super amazing advice is missing the point that it is designed for cramp to new!
http://www.grivel.com/products/ice/accessories/77-c2n_bail
its in the name C2N
 L.A. 28 Aug 2014
In reply to gear boy: Gear boy is obviously having a quiet day at work today !
 gear boy 28 Aug 2014
In reply to L.A.:

at least i have a job

Cheers L.A
 L.A. 28 Aug 2014
In reply to gear boy: I`ll send a postcard to your work from Ladakh on Monday- I win )

Howard J 28 Aug 2014
In reply to stuart58:

Anyone know how easy it is to switch the bail? Needlesports suggests it's a bit of a struggle.
 gear boy 28 Aug 2014
In reply to L.A.:

yes, yes you do
 gear boy 28 Aug 2014
In reply to Howard J:

pair of pliers or mole grips is all thats required, but if you are in the habit of cutting yourself on things maybe have point protectors on the poons before handling...
 david100 28 Aug 2014
In reply to stuart58:
i have done this with my crampomatic g14s in order to fit them to a pair of b2 boots without a front welt. It was relatively easy to get the front bail off but took a fair amount of effort to get the new bit on. however i only had a pair of pliers. I have walked around the garden a few times in the new set up and if feels surprisingly secure.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...