UKC

Doctor Who

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Only a hill 30 Aug 2014
What are our thoughts about tonight's episode?

Mine are:
1. WTF?
2. It's trying hard to be original without succeeding on any level.
3. The end result was rather predictable.
 Enty 30 Aug 2014
In reply to Only a hill:

My thoughts - my 8 year old daughter loves it. Nuff said?

E
 Dave Garnett 30 Aug 2014
In reply to Only a hill:
> 2. It's trying hard to be original without succeeding on any level.

Original? Basic dalek nonsense (surely the consistently least convincing adversary for the last 50 years - no idea why they keep dragging them out) with the plot of the Fantastic Voyage (even down to the 'antibody' response, in this case having more than hint of sentinels from the Matrix).

Really hope Peter Capaldi recovers his memory soon, otheerwise his early onset dementia Doctor is only going to get worse.

Blue Straggler 07 Sep 2014
In reply to Only a hill:

I don't really watch it (as I may have mentioned on here a few times. NOT IN A SMUG SUPERIOR WAY THOUGH! I have enjoyed bits and bobs that I've seen actually)

Today I watched what was presumably last night's episode, the Robin Hood one. I was shocked at how rubbish it was. Production values seem to have dropped massively, the acting seemed pretty thin too. I was waiting for some big reveal to show why it was looking naff (they ruled out the "Westworld" thing early on, but still nobody commented on the cleanliness of it all or the relative pleasantness of the dungeons, where - apart from getting vapourised - the worst punishment is to get pushed gently. Poor direction I guess.

Can't judge Capaldi based on such material but on this evidence alone he looks like a man who wants to leave already Clearly I may have missed some characterisation in the first two episodes though.
 Toby_W 07 Sep 2014
In reply to Only a hill:

I quite enjoyed it, the moaning in terror and he seems to have soiled himself had me chuckling.

Toby
 Blue Straggler 07 Sep 2014
In reply to Blue Straggler:

from a comment beneath a sycophantic review of "Robot of Sherwood":

'Like some abominable love-child of Lord of the Rings and Chucklevision'

Spot on
 d_b 10 Sep 2014
In reply to Blue Straggler:

It wasn't the greatest, but I can see what they wanted to do. The crashed spaceship in medieval England trope was a staple of the Davison era, and can be done reasonably well.
 toad 10 Sep 2014
In reply to davidbeynon:

ooh yeah black death, fire of london, plus the first appearance of the Sontarans (with John Pertwee)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...