UKC

Alpkit sleeping bags?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Morgan Woods 31 Aug 2014
I can't be the only one wondering. I had been looking to get one shipped to Oz but it seems they haven't been producing:

https://www.alpkit.com/develop/getting-sleeping-bags-back-on-track

I was hoping for something around 100ish quid to use a s a spare for car camping, extra guests etc down to 0 deg, would the Skyehigh600 have fit the bill? Can I look forward to it making a reappearance?
 Carolyn 31 Aug 2014
In reply to Morgan Woods:

I'd reckon it'd fit the bill - got a short length one for the larger child (off eBay ), seems perfectly serviceable. Haven't tested it down to freezing, but fine for wild camping in the Lakes in late spring/early autumn.
 gethin_allen 31 Aug 2014

Didn't they say something about them changing the designs of their bags at some point? they hang around on here a bit so may make an appearance later on to answer your questions.

They always run out of sleeping bags and it's a bit irritating, but I guess that's their model of business with short runs and keen prices.
alpash 01 Sep 2014
Hi there,

We are currently redesigning our sleeping bag range so there will be some tweaks to previous incarnations of our sleeping bags. We do not have any definitive details as yet but one of our Product Guys has written a short article with further details regarding the sleeping bag situation- https://www.alpkit.com/develop/getting-sleeping-bags-back-on-track

If you would like to keep updated with product news, it is worth signing up to our newsletter at www.alpkit.com/news/register. Alternatively, you can follow us on Twitter (@alpkit) or 'like' us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/alpkit).

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Ashleigh - Alpkit Customer Service
Post edited at 12:40
OP Morgan Woods 01 Sep 2014
In reply to alpash:

Yes that's the link I posted. Would you guys ship to Oz anyway?
alpash 01 Sep 2014

Yes, we do ship to Oz.

Cheers,
Ashleigh
 gethin_allen 01 Sep 2014
In reply to alpash:

"> We are currently redesigning our sleeping bag range "

I'm glad I wasn't imagining this.

Any plans for a down synthetic hybrid? I have an old bag that has a synthetic base and down top and it's really excellent even though it's not a great quality down or a highly renowned make. When I got my pipe dream I had to invest in a better sleeping mat because I hadn't accounted for how much insulation is lost when down is squashed up.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...