UKC

New finger injury?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DaveX 31 Aug 2014
Any info would be appreciated if anyone's experienced something similar to this; On my right hand I'm experiencing some numbness on the outside (left) of my index finger, after the last joint at the tip. It feels a bit tingly to the touch and when stretched backwards. I've climbed on it over the last week without any pain at all. I suspect it may be to do with a tendon further up the arm as I've also got a bit of a tight/clicky wrist and some tightness around my shoulder/chest area.

Is this something to worry about or will it more than likely sort itself, and it it going to be the usual ice/rest/stretch scenario?
 Dandan 31 Aug 2014
In reply to DaveX:

I'm no doctor but it sounds like nerve damage to me if it feels a bit tingly or numb, it normally sorts itself out eventually.
You probably crimped down too hard on it or something, it should take a few weeks for the feeling to come back.
OP DaveX 31 Aug 2014
In reply to Dandan:

Nice one, cheers.
 Dandan 01 Sep 2014
In reply to DaveX:

Don't take my word for it though, it's just an educated guess based on what you described, make sure you see your GP if it gets worse or doesn't fix itself in a few weeks.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...