UKC

Transfer deadline day

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 goldmember 01 Sep 2014
Radamel Falcao to Man U on, great signing now they need a few decent backs, with that strike they could outscore everyone.

A keeper for Liverpool perhaps? A replacement encase the skipper picks up a knock?

Remy - to Chelsea, but failed a medical at liverpool, how does that work?

Arsenal - need a few to make a real fist at the title

Greenbanks 01 Sep 2014
In reply to goldmember:

On yesterday's showing, Arsenal need a striker; on Saturday's showing, United need an experienced central defender and a further midfield option (though the clear-out is perhaps just as important). On yesterday's showing Spurs need something or other - not sure what.

Liverpool, Chelsea and Citeh seem well set up already.

Crewe Alex (bless 'em) need confidence and a bit of steel
 nathan79 01 Sep 2014
In reply to goldmember:

Man U most definitely need a few defenders. I had my fingers crossed Falcao was Arsenal bound. Arsene must splash out on someone up front, someone quality at that.
 Greenbanks 01 Sep 2014
In reply to goldmember:

Tales of rich & poor & how the majority of football survives...(from the BBC Sport Transfer Deadline Web page):

"13:58 - Jordan Cranston [Nuneaton - Notts County] Free

13:20 - Javier Hernandez [Man Utd - Real Madrid] Loan "
In reply to Greenbanks:

"On yesterday's showing, Arsenal need a striker"

on that basis, Man City need two! I think it's all a bit bonkers really. It never used to be like this
 Banned User 77 01 Sep 2014
In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus:

Arsenal need a striker, but they have done for a while..

United.. I'm lost.. its like we buy players who are good but with no idea where they will play, Mata, Di Maria, Falcao..

But we need a centre back and a defensive midfielder..

Overall we are a much stronger squad, Shaw, Herrera, Di Maria, Falcao, Rojo..

Rojo signing looks a mess though and is something that would never have happened with Fergie/Gill.. signing a player going through a criminal investigation.. how do you spend 15 mill on a player and not do sufficient checks.. it's all very un-United like..
 Greenbanks 01 Sep 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

> Overall we are a much stronger squad, Shaw, Herrera, Di Maria, Falcao, Rojo..

> Rojo signing looks a mess though and is something that would never have happened with Fergie/Gill.. <

Informed regulars were saying soon after Gill left that he'd be a major loss. Looks like it. Difficuylt to see a strategy: each time I've been at OT of late the folk around me have always focussed on the creative and defensive engine-room as being the biggest hiccup. Can't understand why 2 of the finest managers of their generation have not made it a priority.

In reply to Greenbanks:

Herera can put his foot in.. and Di Maria played centre mid for madrid but they still had alonso sat deep.

I would have kept Rio for another season, in a 3 man defence he'd work well guiding Jones and Smalling..

But maybe the plan is for Jones et al to have rapid educations. I do really like Blackett, he looks a class player.

Still a few hours to go...
 Chris the Tall 01 Sep 2014
In reply to goldmember:

Big news - apparently Tranmere have agreed a transfer fee for a striker.

I can't remember the last time Tranmere paid any money for a player, and I suspect the last striker they bought was John Aldridge !
JMGLondon 01 Sep 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

Rio looked woeful for QPR but maybe if he'd been a Utd player he wouldn't have been in drinking pina colada's in Brazil for 4 weeks.

I can't get my head around the United policy but I reckon LVG thinks United have only got two strikers of the quality required to get a top 4 spot, one of which has a woeful injury record so cover is needed.

My understanding of the Rojo deal is that it's a technicality and will just take an additional week or so to get his permit sorted.

For me, Mata looks the most at risk of being sidelined after his performance against Burnley.

I agree about Blackett - exciting prospect but will have never played in a 3-5-2 so needs time.

Glyno 01 Sep 2014
In reply to goldmember:

Kaka now spotted in Carrington car park!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bwc83dYIcAAqySM.jpg
 Postmanpat 01 Sep 2014
In reply to JMGLondon:

> I can't get my head around the United policy but I reckon LVG thinks United have only got two strikers of the quality required to get a top 4 spot, one of which has a woeful injury record so cover is needed.

>
Presumably the thinking is that if they let in 4 to MK Dons they'll need to score at least 5 every game so they'd better get more strikers…..
JMGLondon 01 Sep 2014
In reply to Postmanpat:

> Presumably the thinking is that if they let in 4 to MK Dons they'll need to score at least 5 every game so they'd better get more strikers…..

Well that is the United way.
 winhill 01 Sep 2014
In reply to goldmember:

Welbeck to Arsenal.

not sure arsenal fans will be over joyed but ManU said he couldn't go to a rival club so that ruled out Hull and Southampton.
 woolsack 01 Sep 2014
In reply to goldmember:

Could you move this post to the Football forum please?
 Greenbanks 01 Sep 2014
In reply to woolsack:

You can always ignore it - lots more to go at
In reply to Greenbanks:

It is taking the piss.. Of the 65 threads in off belay.. 2 are on football... This is taking up valuable space for people to convince us giant ray guns or nuclear devices took down the WTC....

Welbeck.. Sad tbh, local lad but wasn't good enough at times, has potential.. Same cleverly.. He is atrocious right now, but he is a good footballer when confident and Martinez knows that..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...