UKC

Randall/Whittakers new challenge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 goose299 02 Sep 2014

Anyone else following these two mad men's new challenge on twitter.
They're doing all Brown and Whillans routes on the Eastern and Western edges in a day. Something like 130 routes upto E6 6C with roughly 22 miles of running

https://twitter.com/TomRandall2
Post edited at 16:28
 d conacher 02 Sep 2014
In reply to goose299:

e6 6c did brown or whillans climb that hard.
 Shapeshifter 02 Sep 2014
In reply to goose299:

... No
OP goose299 02 Sep 2014
In reply to d conacher:

Apparently so, I took that bit straight off Randall's blog
 hands solo 02 Sep 2014
In reply to goose299:

total legends
 galpinos 02 Sep 2014
In reply to d conacher:

They used aid, it's since been freed.
 andi turner 02 Sep 2014
In reply to goose299:

Yeah, quite a few climbed with aid, but still come under the remit of Brown Whillans! Think the E6 is mAy35 at Bamford, originally A35.

Think it's the same story with Ramshaw Crack and Crack of Gloom at least too. Last I heard they were now on the Western Routes, so the end is in sight!
 Andrew Wilson 02 Sep 2014
In reply to goose299:

Amazing effort! Somewhat different nutrition strategy to Mr McCaffie's solitary egg sandwich (unconfirmed).

So are the western routes all being climbed tonight?

Andy
 Graham Hoey 02 Sep 2014
In reply to Andrew Wilson:

Yes.

Graham
 Ramblin dave 02 Sep 2014
In reply to goose299:

They've only gone and done it!
 Puppythedog 03 Sep 2014
In reply to goose299:

Saw Pete and Tom running from Curbar yesterday and wondered what they were doing. Look forward to write up and some vids
 dominic lee 03 Sep 2014
In reply to goose299:

Great effort....
 Graham Hoey 03 Sep 2014
In reply to goose299:

Simply phenomenal. Really pleased for them. Saw them at Froggatt briefly and they were going strong. First route was an E6 6c at midnight.

This stands as one of the most significant events in the history of Peak District climbing since Puttrell first set hand and foot on Wharncliffe 120 years ago.

As A B Hargreaves said to Colin Kirkus after his first ascent of The Great Slab on Cloogy (they) "deserve a kick in the pants or a potato medal".
Never really understood that apart from the fact that at the time is was considered a huge compliment.
pasbury 03 Sep 2014
In reply to goose299:

A list.... we need a list.
 Offwidth 03 Sep 2014
In reply to pasbury:

There are versions of the list on Tom's earlier posts with the odd error and Im sure the final list will surface soon. This is an incredible performance and delightfully playful. I hope it inspires others to step up to a repeat and punters think of their own more modest lists in homage.
 ericinbristol 03 Sep 2014
In reply to goose299:

Just had a look at Tom Randall's blog. It says
"just under 130 routes and up to E6 6c ... around 6000ft of rock ... roughly 22 miles of running on top, spread across 17 different crags and keeping going for a whole 24hrs"
http://tomrandallclimbing.wordpress.com/2014/09/01/fully-committed-speed-gr...

22 miles of running mixed in with the climbing! I am speechless!

MikeStuart 03 Sep 2014
In reply to goose299:

So that is what they were up to...

While climbing Sail Buttress at Birchen yesterday, my mate and I were both very confused when we witnessed Tom and Pete sprint up and solo Orpheus Wall(HVS 5c), down climb a VDiff and then sprint back off towards the car park.

Those boys are mad!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...