UKC

The Brand Leicestershire

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Xavierpercy 03 Sep 2014
Does anyone with some knowledge know how feasible a deep water solo approach would be for the routes directly above the water. Ie how deep is it or are there rocky bits jutting out just below or above the water. And secondly whether the landowners would have an issue with this when you phone up to get permission.
 Michael Hood 03 Sep 2014
In reply to Xavierpercy:
Some of the routes there would be DWSable; e.g. Splash (it's how it got the name - but with a rope on) but some would be very dangerous; e.g. Rurp the wild Beserk has nasty blocks just below the surface although I see from the logbooks that it has been soloed.

It's been many years since I've been so couldn't tell you exactly which routes but there must be potential. However I think it would also be wise to discuss DWS with the owners as the crag is at the bottom of their garden and they may not be familiar with this sub-genre of the climbing game.

The original DWS in Leics was Baptism, the water level traverse at Markfield - probably still doable if you can get past the fence - mind where you park the car nowadays.
Post edited at 11:19
OP Xavierpercy 04 Sep 2014
In reply to Michael Hood:
Thanks for that. From the pictures I have seen it looks really good.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...